+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

Browns Game (sorry a little late)

A few comments I will make based on last weeks game.

First off I am happy we won and definitely needed this for the win column, yes I was scared in 1st quarter.
    Bradshaw = Beast in this game. Good overall balance on offense, however Nicks's presence was definitely missed as our Passing game doesnt seem to click as much with him and even versus the brownies. It will be a major upgrade when he is back.
    Oline did a great job. !!

The bad.

Rolle - Terrible game
    Kiwi - Bad angles, got washed away etc etc
    Chase - had some bad plays but he did come up with a huge play. I was bigging him up in the Eagles game but he did have some whiffs this game.
    Dline - terrible and that includes everyone. Now a lot of the giants Dlineman are saying that other teams know how to counter them. I dont buy this as an excuse. I am watching a lot of other teams dlines destroy the olines that we have faced. Even JPP was getting stuffed. 1 Qb hit is beyond disappointing. Look at the Cowboys they cant block anyone ummm except us ?. They need to fix this as we wont go to far this year.

Overall defensively I give an F. cant tackle, even after the RB challenges us, Dline is terrible right now, Secondary gives up big play TD's to no name players. Very rare big plays. Where is the gang tackling? do you need to coach ppl to gang tackle ? isnt it a matter of hustling to the ball. We are also becoming very soft on defense. Maybe its a sucky attitude where things arent going there way they tend to not try as hard or hustle ?.

Where are the blitzes and schemes ??

if we play this way to any of the good teams we loose.
    We really need to sort things out. I know its week 5 but come on get it going. Why is chase running down the field with a WR, sadly he is probably faster then Rolle.

Rolle played very well

Stevie Brown allowed two passing TDs

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Rolle played very well

Stevie Brown allowed two passing TDs
    Rolle was terrible and had no support on a couple of plays. He did make 1 or 2 good plays in the box. But for his reputation I consider him to be under achiever.

Cover 2 which they played the majority of the game, you aren't going to get much support from the safeties. It's not their job. CBs become the force player and the front 7 have to make the tackle. Safeties aren't going to get there until its at least a 5 yard gain

Cover 2 which they played the majority of the game, you aren't going to get much support from the safeties. It's not their job. CBs become the force player and the front 7 have to make the tackle. Safeties aren't going to get there until its at least a 5 yard gain
    what? lol in a cover 2 its the safeties job to give support to the corners

All-Pro
    I am referring to the blown coverage on the TD where chase was trying to run down the middle of the field. Rolle was closest man so I will figure it was on him.

Agreed. Safety has the first responsibility of deep 2 on cover 2 so when it's a run they're having to come from 20+ yards off the ball to get to the tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    what? lol in a cover 2 its the safeties job to give support to the corners
    Exactly. Coverage support. Safeties are not primary run defenders in cover 2. The CBs are the force players in C2

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    I am referring to the blown coverage on the TD where chase was trying to run down the middle of the field. Rolle was closest man so I will figure it was on him.
    Well it wasent. Rolle was the deep safety on the other side of the field. The call was cover 2. Brown was supposed to be the deep safety where the ball was thrown