+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

There is a big time Silver Lining in all these injuries

The non-starters have a lot to prove and enthusiasim-

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of veterans on our squad put it on automatic until our backs are against the wall late in the season

They do enough to keep their jobs but do not tend to dominate their opponents

Also Eli has made them a bit lazy........they know he is fully capable of dragging the team to a victory late in the game

Here are a list of people I would like to see on the field more-

Stevie Brown- so far he looks like the best Free Agent we have found since Cruz
    Ojomo
    Herzlich (as an Inside LBr and Outside LBer) rotating in.....maybe its time to move Kiwi back to DE
    David Wilson (in the backfield or as a slot receiver)
    Boothe (at center)
    Bear Pascoe (he is money, and rarely drops a pass).....we can also use the two TE set
    Jacquain Williams
    Jayron Hosely
    Andre Brown (as the feature back- Bradshaw as a relief pitcher)
    Markus Kuhn (at DE/DT until Ojomo returns- Osi is embarassing)
    Will Hill
    Mitch Petrus at Guard- he could not do worse than what we have out there on running plays
    Barden (he has performed well and made me a fan when he had the presense of mind to stop that INT)
    I am no fan of Osi and Baas.........both are liabilities at this point. Baas cannot move the pile or snap the ball, Osi cannot stop the run or get to the QB

Some of these Vets need to sit and think aobut their futures. If they do not want to play at a high level each time the ball is snapped. I do not think Osi will be back next year and he seems to be determined to avoid over-exerting himself. As for Tuck he has made himself ordinary.

Also why not give Wilson a chance to return a couple of punts?

I am almost glad Philips is off the field and Rolle is not wowing me this year either.........in the long run all these DB injuries might turn out to be more of a blessing than a curse.....we are morphing into a younger tougher Backfield......Stevie had 7 tackles against the Eagles- 2 in their backfield

This team is looking one-dimensional again.....very similar to the team that got swept by the Redskins last season.

Our running game has returned to its normal form.....lousy.

Our defense is ranked #22 in the league.

The gameplan is to throw deep with Manning, from the beginning of the game until the end.

The sooner the new guys get a chance, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    The non-starters have a lot to prove and enthusiasim-

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of veterans on our squad put it on automatic until our backs are against the wall late in the season

They do enough to keep their jobs but do not tend to dominate their opponents

Also Eli has made them a bit lazy........they know he is fully capable of dragging the team to a victory late in the game

Here are a list of people I would like to see on the field more-

Stevie Brown- so far he looks like the best Free Agent we have found since Cruz
    Ojomo
    Herzlich (as an Inside LBr and Outside LBer) rotating in.....maybe its time to move Kiwi back to DE
    David Wilson (in the backfield or as a slot receiver)
    Boothe (at center)
    Bear Pascoe (he is money, and rarely drops a pass).....we can also use the two TE set
    Jacquain Williams
    Jayron Hosely
    Andre Brown (as the feature back- Bradshaw as a relief pitcher)
    Markus Kuhn (at DE/DT until Ojomo returns- Osi is embarassing)
    Will Hill
    Mitch Petrus at Guard- he could not do worse than what we have out there on running plays
    Barden (he has performed well and made me a fan when he had the presense of mind to stop that INT)
    I am no fan of Osi and Baas.........both are liabilities at this point. Baas cannot move the pile or snap the ball, Osi cannot stop the run or get to the QB

Some of these Vets need to sit and think aobut their futures. If they do not want to play at a high level each time the ball is snapped. I do not think Osi will be back next year and he seems to be determined to avoid over-exerting himself. As for Tuck he has made himself ordinary.

Also why not give Wilson a chance to return a couple of punts?

I am almost glad Philips is off the field and Rolle is not wowing me this year either.........in the long run all these DB injuries might turn out to be more of a blessing than a curse.....we are morphing into a younger tougher Backfield......Stevie had 7 tackles against the Eagles- 2 in their backfield
    For some odd reason, I can't really argue with any of this. Except for maybe the whole Wilson in the slot bit.

#80 get well soon...

All-Pro
    Not to say the defense has been great but ranking at this point are useless. The #4 offense in he league right now is KC and hey are 1-3 I believe.

Phillips is one of the top safeties in the league hands down, no questions asked. That's really the only issue I have with this though, vets getting complacent sometimes i dono what is going through Tucks head lately

Banned
    I don't know if Philips is all pro material but he has an MCL.......I really do not want him back anytime soon. Play the healthy

The biggest issue is Andre Brown..........Play the man

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    This team is looking one-dimensional again.....very similar to the team that got swept by the Redskins last season.

Our running game has returned to its normal form.....lousy.

Our defense is ranked #22 in the league.

The gameplan is to throw deep with Manning, from the beginning of the game until the end.

The sooner the new guys get a chance, the better.
    I think I may be right, but correct me if I'm wrong, we ended up winning the SUPERBOWL.

I don't think it is a silver lining; however, you bring up a number of salient points. I think that Boothe would be a better Center than Baas, even though Boothe did have a couple of snap issues last year. I don't know if I trust Petrus, he came into camp in rough shape and looked terrible in the pre season. Wilson needs to master the running back position, screens from there should be his forte.

Maybe the silver lining is that like last year, some of the players will start returning at the right time to help the momentum swing in the Giants' favor. We can all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I don't think it is a silver lining; however, you bring up a number of salient points. I think that Boothe would be a better Center than Baas, even though Boothe did have a couple of snap issues last year. I don't know if I trust Petrus, he came into camp in rough shape and looked terrible in the pre season. Wilson needs to master the running back position, screens from there should be his forte.
    Boothe having snap issues is no longer a selling point for Baas if Baas is also having snap issues...