+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What do you think the mix will be between Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson?

You think they'll go with another 85% / 13% / 2% snap mix like in the Eagles loss, or get Brown and Wilson into the gameplan?

All-Pro
    I think we will slowly start to see Bradshaw getting less of the workload, but doubt we will see him go less than 50%. How the other 50% would break down will depend on how well Brown and Wilson do individually.

I don't know that Wilson is very good in pass protection, but I think we will start to see him getting more of a role in 3rd down passing situations, similar to how Megget was used. He could end up being a major threat in those quick passes coming out of the backfield.

Try em all and then ride the hot hand

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by .scrimmage. View Post
    Try em all and then ride the hot hand
    During giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned if AB1 stayed behind Baas and didn't bounce outside that play at end of game when he got only 1 yard prior to the barden PI play it would have gone for 7/8 yards easy.That's what the knock on AB 1 is. Not willg to let play develop and always try's to dance outside. Had Andre brown been In game we prob win. He would of followed the block and ran right behind baas and then we are in a whole differs position. Instead of 2nd and 9 it's more like 2nd and 2/3 yards. It would have certainly changed the thought process for the next play.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    During giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned if AB1 stayed behind Baas and didn't bounce outside that play at end of game when he got only 1 yard prior to the barden PI play it would have gone for 7/8 yards easy.That's what the knock on AB 1 is. Not willg to let play develop and always try's to dance outside. Had Andre brown been In game we prob win. He would of followed the block and ran right behind baas and then we are in a whole differs position. Instead of 2nd and 9 it's more like 2nd and 2/3 yards. It would have certainly changed the thought process for the next play.

I was thinking about that play too.....I didn't watch the replay, but I'll take Bank's word for it. And this happens VERY often.

1st and 10, inside FG range.....one crappy yard, due to jumping out of the play. If Banks is right, then that's the damn ball game right there......you're looking at a field goal attempt of less than 40 yards.

I'm so tired of watching Bradshaw bail out early.

0-2 right now as a starter. I just don't get what the attraction is. Put a damn fullback in there if it's all about pass protection and getting 3 yards per carry.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-04-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I was thinking about that play too.....I didn't watch the replay, but I'll take Bank's word for it. And this happens VERY often.

1st and 10, inside FG range.....one crappy yard, due to jumping out of the play. If Banks is right, then that's the damn ball game right there......you're looking at a field goal attempt of less than 40 yards.

I'm so tired of watching Bradshaw bail out early.

0-2 right now as a starter. I just don't get what the attraction is. Put a damn fullback in there if it's all about pass protection and getting 3 yards per carry.
    Resurrect the wishbone I still say.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    This is a great point .......which i was furiously shouting at the TV about at the time ...........we are kicking a 38 yarder there if Brown had been in the game ...and Haggis would have nailed it
    Non Omnis Moriar

Quote Originally Posted by UK-Giantsfan View Post
    This is a great point .......which i was furiously shouting at the TV about at the time ...........we are kicking a 38 yarder there if Brown had been in the game ...and Haggis would have nailed it
    Bradshaw's impatient running style was tolerated because years ago he had the explosiveness to turn a busted play into a gain.

But it's not there anymore.....hasn't been there since 2010. So maybe he should run the ****ing play, as it's called, or sit down and let someone else try.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    You think they'll go with another 85% / 13% / 2% snap mix like in the Eagles loss, or get Brown and Wilson into the gameplan?
    It really depends on whether we actually have a running game or not.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It really depends on whether we actually have a running game or not.
    It also depends on who we are playing and how the hot hand is running that day.
    No one remembers who came in second.