+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think the mix will be between Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson?

What do you think the mix will be between Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson?

You think they'll go with another 85% / 13% / 2% snap mix like in the Eagles loss, or get Brown and Wilson into the gameplan?

All-Pro
    I think we will slowly start to see Bradshaw getting less of the workload, but doubt we will see him go less than 50%. How the other 50% would break down will depend on how well Brown and Wilson do individually.

I don't know that Wilson is very good in pass protection, but I think we will start to see him getting more of a role in 3rd down passing situations, similar to how Megget was used. He could end up being a major threat in those quick passes coming out of the backfield.

Try em all and then ride the hot hand

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    You think they'll go with another 85% / 13% / 2% snap mix like in the Eagles loss, or get Brown and Wilson into the gameplan?
    It really depends on whether we actually have a running game or not.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

65%/25%/10% seems like an ideal place to start at. 1 snap isn't going to help anyone get more opportunities when the defenses know what you are in there for. By the end of the season, I'd really like to hit the 20%/40%/40% mix

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It really depends on whether we actually have a running game or not.
    It also depends on who we are playing and how the hot hand is running that day.
    No one remembers who came in second.

ppl need to realize what situational football means...u cant break down how the carries will look before hand...well i guess u could but what ud really be doing is predicting what situations we'll face % wise.
    meaning, if we continually have 3rd and long situations, its tough to get wilson in.
    if u have a bunch of 3rd and shorts, wilson/brown would have more situations he could be used in.
    the score, how the OL is doing, how the rb's are doing...theres too many variables for someone to break down "bradhsaw-83%, brown-12%. wilson-5%"...at least imho.
    if its a close game, i'd expect 44 to play a majority bc of his experience...

i'd love to see Wilson get far more carries

Whether it is injuries, wear or scheme Brown is a better back than Bradshaw is right now. He makes decisive cuts and get N/S real quick. He should be starting and Bradshaw should be spelling him. Bradshaw was best when he was getting 30%-35% of the carries.

Wilson is a ST star and a dud in the offense. Let him focus on returns for now. Give Scott reps when we need a change of pace guy. He has a year in the system and should be ready for a bigger role

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ppl need to realize what situational football means...u cant break down how the carries will look before hand...well i guess u could but what ud really be doing is predicting what situations we'll face % wise.
    meaning, if we continually have 3rd and long situations, its tough to get wilson in.
    if u have a bunch of 3rd and shorts, wilson/brown would have more situations he could be used in.
    the score, how the OL is doing, how the rb's are doing...theres too many variables for someone to break down "bradhsaw-83%, brown-12%. wilson-5%"...at least imho.
    if its a close game, i'd expect 44 to play a majority bc of his experience...
    Definitely a situational thing. It will be based on who creates the best mismatch against specific defenses and exploiting their weakness. There won't be specific percentages...and it might be from game to game. The problem is that no one has shown to be a clear number 1 though I think that Brown has shown the most positive, where Wilson has shown the most positive in kick returns.

Wilson right now is serving his apprenticeship and taking lumps on Special Teams.

+ Reply to Thread