+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think the mix will be between Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It also depends on who we are playing and how the hot hand is running that day.
    I don't know what the problems are with the running game, but I was surprised we didn't use Brown more against the Eagles.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't know what the problems are with the running game, but I was surprised we didn't use Brown more against the Eagles.
    I was wondering the same. I am wondering if the coaches saw something that made them think Bradshaw would be better v. the Eagles or they held on to the belief that a player cannot lose his job due to injury? I think they should've sat Bradshaw at least another week and ease him back in as an excuse to see more what Brown could do. I know he was cleared by the doctors but I am sure they could've milked it.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 10-04-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: corrected a miserable typo

I don't think we will see much difference in the Brown's game.

Quote Originally Posted by .scrimmage. View Post
    Try em all and then ride the hot hand
    During giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned if AB1 stayed behind Baas and didn't bounce outside that play at end of game when he got only 1 yard prior to the barden PI play it would have gone for 7/8 yards easy.That's what the knock on AB 1 is. Not willg to let play develop and always try's to dance outside. Had Andre brown been In game we prob win. He would of followed the block and ran right behind baas and then we are in a whole differs position. Instead of 2nd and 9 it's more like 2nd and 2/3 yards. It would have certainly changed the thought process for the next play.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

i think its nuts that its not more 50/50ish.. To be honest, i'm in favor of Brown getting the work untill he prooves he can't handle it.. The guy runs through holes hard and don't skip around... I appreciate bradshaw, and hes solid, but hes injury prone, and why not try and keep em alittle healthier?

Bradshaw will get every opportunity to derail the running game that Im sure of

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    i think its nuts that its not more 50/50ish.. To be honest, i'm in favor of Brown getting the work untill he prooves he can't handle it.. The guy runs through holes hard and don't skip around... I appreciate bradshaw, and hes solid, but hes injury prone, and why not try and keep em alittle healthier?
    A lot of these vets on this team look on the edge of being done to me

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    My thing with Brown also is that even though our oline sucks and we may only avg 3 yards a carry, he'll be those 2-3 yards every carry. Bradshaw on the other hand can a bunch of 0's, and 1's, then bust one for 12 - making the average ...3 ypc. I'd rather have consistency.

Whatever the % are Brown should, IMO, get more than the 5 carries he had in the Eagle game.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

During the Eagles game it seemed to me that Coughlin was pretty much trying to see if the running game had improved because of Brown, the offensive line, or both.. He had Bradshaw carry majority of the load to kind of see if Bradshaw could have the same results behind the same offensive line, which is the reason for the limited carries for Brown. Obviously that didn't work out. I'm thinking they'll split the carries around 40-40 between AB1 & Ab2 and put in a play here of there for D-Wil.

+ Reply to Thread