+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the mix will be between Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson?

It's too bad that we don't do trick plays... imagine lining up split backs AB2 and Wilson. Eli hands it off to AB2 and develops the play to run off the right guard, but then AB2 turns around and flea flickers it to Wilson, who cuts off to the left.

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

Brown seems more patient for his blocks to develop while Bradshaw will cut back and forth between the first hole he sees. It seems like Brown is always falling forward when he runs too. I'd like to see at the very least a 50/50 split between Bradshaw and Brown but I don't know how likely that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It's too bad that we don't do trick plays... imagine lining up split backs AB2 and Wilson. Eli hands it off to AB2 and develops the play to run off the right guard, but then AB2 turns around and flea flickers it to Wilson, who cuts off to the left.
    Didn't they try doing something creative with AB1 and D-Wil in the Eagles game? I thought they were in split backfield in the shot gun formation when Eli rolled right and tried to shuffle it to Wilson. Of course he dropped it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    Didn't they try doing something creative with AB1 and D-Wil in the Eagles game? I thought they were in split backfield in the shot gun formation when Eli rolled right and tried to shuffle it to Wilson. Of course he dropped it.
    I wasn't aware that AB1 was in that formation... I thought it was just a traditional shovel pass. Wilson said he was looking more downfield than at the ball, but then again Cruz was guilty of that as well this year, so I'm not ready to crucify him on it or say we shouldn't ever run that play... Wilson just has to work on wrapping that up a little bit better is all...

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

I wasn't aware that AB1 was in that formation... I thought it was just a traditional shovel pass. Wilson said he was looking more downfield than at the ball, but then again Cruz was guilty of that as well this year, so I'm not ready to crucify him on it or say we shouldn't ever run that play... Wilson just has to work on wrapping that up a little bit better is all...
    the shuffle pass is a very quick and bang bang type play. Eli got it to him high on the back shoulder. Not easy to pull down running across at good speed.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I believe Ahmad was on the right and Wilson was on the left, Eli faked a quick toss to Bradshaw and tried shuffling it to Wilson.

I agree, for some reason it seems like he's just trying to do to much to fast instead of just taking his time and letting the game develope.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    You think they'll go with another 85% / 13% / 2% snap mix like in the Eagles loss, or get Brown and Wilson into the gameplan?
    33.333% would be wonderbar.

You have to figure in pass protection along with the element of surprise in too. Bradshaw is probably the best pass blocking back we have. If Andre Brown comes in and gets a handoff every time he's in, they'll expect it's a run. If one running back is getting a large percentage of the snaps they'll be forced to play both the run and the pass. I think they have more confidence in Bradshaw knowing his assignments more-so than giving one back an amount of carries. It'd be nice to see Brown get some more snaps though. I don't think Wilson is ready for the burden yet.

Everyone knocks on Wilson for his supposed "poor pass blocking"

Heres a novel idea:
    How about we actually put him in there and see if he really is sub-par? If he is, experience will only help!! (ala garbage time in Carolina)...and no Wilson?!?! are u f'ing kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    During giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned if AB1 stayed behind Baas and didn't bounce outside that play at end of game when he got only 1 yard prior to the barden PI play it would have gone for 7/8 yards easy.That's what the knock on AB 1 is. Not willg to let play develop and always try's to dance outside. Had Andre brown been In game we prob win. He would of followed the block and ran right behind baas and then we are in a whole differs position. Instead of 2nd and 9 it's more like 2nd and 2/3 yards. It would have certainly changed the thought process for the next play.

I was thinking about that play too.....I didn't watch the replay, but I'll take Bank's word for it. And this happens VERY often.

1st and 10, inside FG range.....one crappy yard, due to jumping out of the play. If Banks is right, then that's the damn ball game right there......you're looking at a field goal attempt of less than 40 yards.

I'm so tired of watching Bradshaw bail out early.

0-2 right now as a starter. I just don't get what the attraction is. Put a damn fullback in there if it's all about pass protection and getting 3 yards per carry.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-04-2012 at 07:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread