+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the mix will be between Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    During giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned if AB1 stayed behind Baas and didn't bounce outside that play at end of game when he got only 1 yard prior to the barden PI play it would have gone for 7/8 yards easy.That's what the knock on AB 1 is. Not willg to let play develop and always try's to dance outside. Had Andre brown been In game we prob win. He would of followed the block and ran right behind baas and then we are in a whole differs position. Instead of 2nd and 9 it's more like 2nd and 2/3 yards. It would have certainly changed the thought process for the next play.
    This is a great point .......which i was furiously shouting at the TV about at the time ...........we are kicking a 38 yarder there if Brown had been in the game ...and Haggis would have nailed it
    Non Omnis Moriar

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I was thinking about that play too.....I didn't watch the replay, but I'll take Bank's word for it. And this happens VERY often.

1st and 10, inside FG range.....one crappy yard, due to jumping out of the play. If Banks is right, then that's the damn ball game right there......you're looking at a field goal attempt of less than 40 yards.

I'm so tired of watching Bradshaw bail out early.

0-2 right now as a starter. I just don't get what the attraction is. Put a damn fullback in there if it's all about pass protection and getting 3 yards per carry.
    Resurrect the wishbone I still say.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Everyone knocks on Wilson for his supposed "poor pass blocking"

Heres a novel idea:
    How about we actually put him in there and see if he really is sub-par? If he is, experience will only help!! (ala garbage time in Carolina)...and no Wilson?!?! are u f'ing kidding me.
    Yeah that irked me too... who cares if Wilson fumbles in garbage time, we still have the game locked up. If he DOES fumble again, then you know he still needs more work. However, his work on the return game seems to prove that he HAS worked on it (no fumbles against the Eagles, and massive returns to the point where the philthy fans started booing their own special teams).

However, I think his pass blocking may very well indeed need improvement, hence, his appearance as a KR. That role allows him to focus on refining his running style, work on his ball security, gets him the ball in open space where he's most effective, and doesn't require him to pass protect.

I know we were all going into the season thinking he'd split carries with Bradshaw, but I don't think any of us expected Brown to step up the way he did. Even I, a big supporter of Brown, was surprised (pleasantly) by what happened vs TB and Carolina. He fits into the more Jacobs role of a power back. It's not the exact same thing, as Brown isn't as big as Jacobs, but on the other hand he waits for the right hole to develop and hits it at full power, not to mention he gets lower than Jacobs ever did. I was surprised that they didn't utilize Brown's ability to run up the middle to exploit the crap out of that wide 9 gimmick BS. That was just a MASSIVE lost opportunity there. Not saying take Bradshaw out, but split carries 50/50 as opposed to the 70/30 that it was.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Everyone knocks on Wilson for his supposed "poor pass blocking"

Heres a novel idea:
    How about we actually put him in there and see if he really is sub-par? If he is, experience will only help!! (ala garbage time in Carolina)...and no Wilson?!?! are u f'ing kidding me.
    I kinda trust the coaches as to what he can and cannot do yet.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by UK-Giantsfan View Post
    This is a great point .......which i was furiously shouting at the TV about at the time ...........we are kicking a 38 yarder there if Brown had been in the game ...and Haggis would have nailed it
    Bradshaw's impatient running style was tolerated because years ago he had the explosiveness to turn a busted play into a gain.

But it's not there anymore.....hasn't been there since 2010. So maybe he should run the ****ing play, as it's called, or sit down and let someone else try.

I've got this crazy ****ing idea.

Last time I checked, Wilson was a RUNNING BACK......not a wide receiver, and not a fullback. Maybe the Giants could *****GASP***** line Wilson up in an I-Formation and *****GASP*****........ HAND OFF the ball and let him RUN with it????

I know, I know......I'm nuts for thinking they should use Wilson as a running back. Sorry.

Anyone else notice a trend here?

You know who else was a RUNNING BACK? Tyrone Wheatley...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You know who else was a RUNNING BACK? Tyrone Wheatley...
    The Giants bailed on him like Bradshaw bails on the gameplan.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I've got this crazy ****ing idea.

Last time I checked, Wilson was a RUNNING BACK......not a wide receiver, and not a fullback. Maybe the Giants could *****GASP***** line Wilson up in an I-Formation and *****GASP*****........ HAND OFF the ball and let him RUN with it????

I know, I know......I'm nuts for thinking they should use Wilson as a running back. Sorry.
    I concur highly

+ Reply to Thread