+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plax says he knows he can still play, questions why he's not in the league

Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    Think the Jets would take him back with Santonio gone for the season?
    Rex Ryan went into great detail about how much he liked Plaxico before throwing him under the bus lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    Who cares about the Jets? I thank God everyday that I was born a Giants fan.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    Who cares about the Jets? I thank God everyday that I was born a Giants fan.
    I feel your pain
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    What pain? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    What pain? ;-)
    I tried being more witty but couldn't decide on another word to replace pain lol

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Rex Ryan went into great detail about how much he liked Plaxico before throwing him under the bus lol
    Kinda like what Pete Carroll did the day he cut TO

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    Think the Jets would take him back with Santonio gone for the season?
    Thought i heard yesterday that the injury was not as bad as they first thought and that he might only miss 2/3 weeks.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    With that said... (and i know i will get crucified for even thinking this) if we have one more setback at the WR position we may have to consider bringing him in for the vet min under a 10/12 game contract. If its understood that he keeps him mouth shut and does his job and he wont be the #1 WR then maybe. but i think with what he did burning us like that (twice) i highly doubt the Giants ORG would even consider making that phone call no matter how dire the need at WR is.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    With that said... (and i know i will get crucified for even thinking this) if we have one more setback at the WR position we may have to consider bringing him in for the vet min under a 10/12 game contract. If its understood that he keeps him mouth shut and does his job and he wont be the #1 WR then maybe. but i think with what he did burning us like that (twice) i highly doubt the Giants ORG would even consider making that phone call no matter how dire the need at WR is.
    Not crucified, but put your hand out

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Plax just made an appearance on First Take. He basically was complaining (whining, although somewhat justifiable) about how teams are making the decision not to give him a chance bc of off field past issues, not what he can do on the field.

He made the point that last season, was all based on talent, and that this season he's "fully back". Sounded like sour grapes from Plax, all the while self promoting and saying he could outplay a lot of starters.

What a fall from grace. To SB Champ, multi yr contract with guaranteed money to begging for a shot on First Take...

and fwiw, I wouldnt be surprised if it was politics thats keeping him off a roster, I'd bet he probably would look much better than he did last year.
    The guy is fighting for a chance to do the only thing he's ever been good at. I can understand his frustration and desperation.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread