+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    the giants should have been running tests on the knee/foot a few times now. he's coming on the 3rd missed game. they would have IR'd him if it was something serious that would threaten his season imho. we went into games 4 wr deep, we wouldnt have done so unless they were sure it wasnt structural with nicks knee...if it was structural, it would have been reported by now imo

I understand everyone's concern giantsfan420 and GameTime. Nicks is my favorite player and I hate more then anything seeing him on the sidelines. I knew about his PCL injury before the Panthers game and knew he'd miss the next few games I just didn't want to come and say anything about it before the knee was made public. Now that the knee itself has been made public I feel better coming to the other fans and voicing my frustration and concern for the situation.

As I'm sure you guys know, the Pats put Tom Brady, Gronk, and a million other studs on the injury report every game. A lot more teams are moving forward with this tactic to throw off other teams. Unfortunately now that Nicks has missed 2 games, and been ruled out for his 3rd straight...I think the Giants understand they can't keep pretending he is going to suit up...people are catching on.

I understand Ralph V is their beats writer, but I have a very strong feeling that even the Giants don't know when this injury will resolve itself. The estimated time perod is 4-5 weeks. Missing this 3rd game would be around 4 weeks from when the injury happened. From what I hear they're hoping he's ready for the Redskins the week after the 9ers game. I'm hoping as much as everyone that I'm wrong and he suits up for next week's showdown. I just have my doubts, which stem from what I'm told. I feel the ownership has a better understanding of the situation then the beats writers. Nicks has had a long history of leg problems, his only downfall in his career so far. We all know we are far more dangerous on the field headed to battle with #88 lined up across from #80.

If we can somehow get to the bye week at 7-3, even 6-4 we are in good shape. But we NEED Nicks back and I think we all can agree on that.

well whatever his knee issue is hopefully it does heal and he gets back on track soon....

TR....if you genuinley have inside info then thank you for it.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Well if true that explains a lot. Hopefully he will feel no lingering effects. He has been known as a fast healer since coming into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    as a rebuttle if he does have atorn PCL why would the scratch him the day before each of the last two games. Why would Nicks say he is def playing then only to find out he is not?? I am not dogging you I am just wondering about he scenario? Are they playing mind games with opposing teams???
    OK, Lets get one thing straight: We know that he has swelling in the knee. The reasons:&
    1. Arthritis
    2. Torn meniscus
    3. Ligament damage
    4. 2 & 3
    5. All of the above

Assuming he does not have arthritis yet, it leaves us guessing between 2, 3 and 4. Now depending on the extend of the injury, which only the Giants organization knows and they are not telling the full story, he may be back in 1 - 3 weeks or he may be done for the season. Here is a list of the various knee injuries:

PCL
    • Grade I: Partial tears of the PCL.
    • Grade II: Isolated, complete tear to the PCL.
    • Grade III: Tear of the PCL with other associated ligament injury.
    Treatment: Nonoperative treatment is recommended for most grade I and grade II PCL tears.

MCL
    • Grade I MCL Tear: This is an incomplete tear of the MCL. Most athletes miss 1-2 weeks of play.
    • Grade II MCL Tear: Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.
    • Grade III MCL Tear: A grade III injury is a complete tear of the MCL. Patients have significant pain and swelling, and often have difficulty bending the knee. A knee brace or a knee immobilizer is usually needed for comfort, and healing may take 6 weeks or longer.
    Treatment: most often surgery is not necessary for the treatment of an MCL tear

ACL
    ACL reconstruction surgery is the standard treatment for active people who sustain an ACL tear.

Meniscus tear
    Treatment of a meniscus tear depends on several factors including the type of tear, the activity level of the patient, and the response to simple treatment measures. Sometimes surgery is not necessary.

Let's stop guessing and speculating and wait until the truth comes into light. As far as I am concerned, a knee injury combined with the foot injury, will keep Nicks in the sidelines for most of this season. I am sure that the Giants organization will not risk bringing Nicks back prematurely.

Nicks foot is not the major concern right now, I'm sure of that. Solid R&R will be best solution for this PCL issue.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    OK, Lets get one thing straight: We know that he has swelling in the knee. The reasons:&
    1. Arthritis
    2. Torn meniscus
    3. Ligament damage
    4. 2 & 3
    5. All of the above

Assuming he does not have arthritis yet, it leaves us guessing between 2, 3 and 4. Now depending on the extend of the injury, which only the Giants organization knows and they are not telling the full story, he may be back in 1 - 3 weeks or he may be done for the season. Here is a list of the various knee injuries:

PCL
    Treatment: Nonoperative treatment is recommended for most grade I and grade II PCL tears.

MCL
    • Grade I MCL Tear: This is an incomplete tear of the MCL. Most athletes miss 1-2 weeks of play.
    • Grade II MCL Tear: Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.
    • Grade III MCL Tear: A grade III injury is a complete tear of the MCL. Patients have significant pain and swelling, and often have difficulty bending the knee. A knee brace or a knee immobilizer is usually needed for comfort, and healing may take 6 weeks or longer.

ACL
    ACL reconstruction surgery is the standard treatment for active people who sustain an ACL tear.

Meniscus tear
    Treatment of a meniscus tear depends on several factors including the type of tear, the activity level of the patient, and the response to simple treatment measures. Sometimes surgery is not necessary.

Let's stop guessing and speculating and wait until the truth comes into light. As far as I am concerned, a knee injury combined with the foot injury, will keep Nicks in the sidelines for most of this season. I am sure that the Giants organization will not risk bringing Nicks back prematurely.
    its not beyond conmprehension that Tuckand Rolle may have inside info. The Giants org is big. I have personally known two people high up in the org over they years.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    1. Arthritis
    2. Torn meniscus
    3. Ligament damage
    4. 2 & 3
    5. All of the above

PCL

MCL

ACL

Meniscus tear

Nicks probably wont be back until the bye at the earliest.

Been saying this for a week now. Do you guys have short memories? The Giants..especially Tom Coughlin is notorious about releasing as little information as possible about big time injuries.

Nicks will probably not see much of the field this year. I know this comes off as negative, but keeping expectations low is always a good thing.

keep dreaming fellas...