+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Nicks injury is actually a positive

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Dude did you watch the playoffs last year????? Nicks is a top 5 talent and only person that had a better playoff run was Fitz he is going to asked for Fitz kind of money...and the only reason why he hasn't hit the 1200 yard mark is he was injured like two games a year.... I don't think the Giants will let him walk cause they know how critical he is to Eli he is not SS this time it works both ways qb need wr and wr needs qb...I'm think he gets a deal like 5 years 40 million maybe more.......
    Yeah, and injuries count! He's not much good to the Giants if he's sitting out games. If a player is injury prone it's going to hurt his value.

And by the way

Megatron
    Larry Fitz
    Roddy White
    AJ Green
    Victor Cruz
    Brandon Marshall

All better than Nicks.

With Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, Dwayne Bowe, Jordy Nelson and probably 5 others who I can't think of off the top of my head in the same neighborhood as Nicks.

I like Nicks a lot. He's a good player and if he can kick the injury bug he may be a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Yeah, and injuries count! He's not much good to the Giants if he's sitting out games. If a player is injury prone it's going to hurt his value.

And by the way

Megatron
    Larry Fitz
    Roddy White
    AJ Green
    Victor Cruz
    Brandon Marshall

All better than Nicks.

With Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, Dwayne Bowe, Jordy Nelson and probably 5 others who I can't think of off the top of my head in the same neighborhood as Nicks.

I like Nicks a lot. He's a good player and if he can kick the injury bug he may be a great player.
    They just said on NFL live Nicks will probably play against the 49ers and you opinion on those wr is your opinion but I think your wrong Cruz is not better then Nicks any...any Giants fan knows that...

Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post
    Cruz benefited last season from defenses focusing on Nicks. He's still producing this season without him, but just like any top receiver should. If Hakeem Nicks is on the field the defense had to account for him and it just makes Eli's reads that much easier.

Name a better receiver the Giants have had in the modern era than Hakeem Nicks. The short list might include Amani Toomer, Ike Hilliard, and Chris Calloway. Tiki Barber is the third leading receiver in Giants history and he was a running back. Nicks is more talented than any of those players and worth every dollar he asks for in my opinion.
    http://nashvillegman.hubpages.com/hu...ardage-Leaders

How many receivers have the Giants miffed on? Tim Carter, Sinorice Moss, and then going back to Joe Jurevicius, Ron Dixon, Thomas Lewis, even Ike Hilliard didn't pan out to be anything more than solid. The jury is still out on Ramses Barden, Jerrel Jernigan, and Rueben Randle though none has done anything much as of yet and they could easily be added onto that list.

Toomer, Nicks, and perhaps Manningham are only players drafted by the New York Giants to actually produce to expectations.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../nyg/draft.htm
    What does that prove exactly? The Giants WRs have never been strong, this is the best they have had. So Nicks might be the best Giant WR ever. That's like saying Josh Freeman might be the best Bucs QB ever. A statement that may sound impressive but then you look to see who you are comparing him too and its much less impressive.

They just said on NFL live Nicks will probably play against the 49ers and you opinion on those wr is your opinion but I think your wrong Cruz is not better then Nicks any...any Giants fan knows that...
    They said he would probably play against the Eagles too.

They said he would probably play against the Eagles too.
    no they didn't. I didn't hear that once...they have been right on the money so far. Last night they said he would not play against the Browns and Adam Shefter said he doesn't expect Nicks to play against the Eagles.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 10-04-2012 at 05:41 PM.

And by the way

Megatron
    Larry Fitz
    Roddy White
    AJ Green
    Victor Cruz
    Brandon Marshall

All better than Nicks.

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitgerald, Roddy White, A.J. Green, Andre Johnson and that's where I stop. If Hakeem Nicks isn't in these tier of receivers when healthy he's in an extremely close second.

Victor Cruz has one season under his belt. Mike Wallace is likely on the same level as Nicks but he's made from a different mold. Brandon Marshall isn't worth the drama to 75% of the league. Greg Jennings has injury problems of his own. Wes Welker benefits from a Hall of Fame quarterback and a team that passes the ball forty or more times every game. As talented as Dwayne Bowe is, he drops just as many touchdown as he catches. And I'm not even going to begin comparing the rest of the league's #2's with our #1 guy. Hakeem Nicks is an elite talent.

no they didn't I didn't hear that once...
    They sat him versus the Panthers to give him two weeks so that hopefully he would play against the Eagles. And now he's not even playing against the Browns. Nobody even knew about the knee until Eagles week, up until that point it was all about the foot.

[QUOTE=Fharcyde;517173]Wes Welker benefits from a Hall of Fame quarterback and a team that passes the ball forty or more times every game. QUOTE]

Isn't this exactly what the Giants are?

They sat him versus the Panthers to give him two weeks so that hopefully he would play against the Eagles. And now he's not even playing against the Browns. Nobody even knew about the knee until Eagles week, up until that point it was all about the foot.
    Exactly and when he found that out on Thursday and once they found that out they ruled him out. I am willing to bet 1000 dollars Nicks plays against the 49ers if he does what he supposed to and rest.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 10-04-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post
    Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitgerald, Roddy White, A.J. Green, Andre Johnson and that's where I stop. If Hakeem Nicks isn't in these tier of receivers when healthy he's in an extremely close second.

Victor Cruz has one season under his belt. Mike Wallace is likely on the same level as Nicks but he's made from a different mold. Brandon Marshall isn't worth the drama to 75% of the league. Greg Jennings has injury problems of his own. Wes Welker benefits from a Hall of Fame quarterback and a team that passes the ball forty or more times every game. As talented as Dwayne Bowe is, he drops just as many touchdown as he catches. And I'm not even going to begin comparing the rest of the league's #2's with our #1 guy. Hakeem Nicks is an elite talent.
    I would even say he is better then AJ and Roody just because he beasted in the playoffs and last year both of those guys were no where to be found.

+ Reply to Thread