+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70

Thread: Why the Nicks injury is actually a positive

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    What does that prove exactly? The Giants WRs have never been strong, this is the best they have had. So Nicks might be the best Giant WR ever. That's like saying Josh Freeman might be the best Bucs QB ever. A statement that may sound impressive but then you look to see who you are comparing him too and its much less impressive.
    Even comparing him to any other receiver in the league he is a top ten talent. Simply compare him to receivers in his own draft class and there might be one (Mike Wallace) that you'd want more than him. Jeremy Maclin, Michael Crabtree, Darius Heyward-Bey, Kenny Britt, Percy Harvin, Mike Wallace.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/hot?id=6700453

    There's no date on this article, but it's obviously a year or so old. By now the debate would be Mike Wallace vs. Hakeem Nicks. And I can't really listen to John Clayton because I think he'd an idiot. Almost everyone in the media is biased against the Giants and will do anything to point out the negatives to any side of a story.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Exactly and when he found that out on Thursday and once they found that out they ruled him out I am willing to bet 1000 dollars Nicks plays against the 49ers if he does what he supposed to and rest.
    Don't bet money you don't have.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I would even say he is better then AJ and Roody just because he beasted in the playoffs and last year both of those guys were no where to be found.
    And its official. You don't know what you are talking about.

    Talk to any sane Giants fan and they would even take AJ Green over Hakeem Nicks. No question.

  4. #34
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Don't bet money you don't have.
    lol oh now your going to be butthurt you really didn't have to go there and I won't put my personal stuff out there but I bet I'll have more money then you could ever make I said it's your opinion on Nicks all I said is that just because he is hurt this season doesn't mean he isn't going to demand the big bucks calm down buddy.....

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post
    Even comparing him to any other receiver in the league he is a top ten talent. Simply compare him to receivers in his own draft class and there might be one (Mike Wallace) that you'd want more than him. Jeremy Maclin, Michael Crabtree, Darius Heyward-Bey, Kenny Britt, Percy Harvin, Mike Wallace.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/hot?id=6700453

    There's no date on this article, but it's obviously a year or so old. By now the debate would be Mike Wallace vs. Hakeem Nicks. And I can't really listen to John Clayton because I think he'd an idiot. Almost everyone in the media is biased against the Giants and will do anything to point out the negatives to any side of a story.
    I think when healthy he is a fringe top 10. Which is still really good. But it seems like he is always nursing something even when he is supposedly healthy. Out of the Giant WRs, I take Cruz over him any day of the week.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    lol oh now your going to be butthurt you really didn't have to go there and I won't put my personal stuff out there but I bet I'll have more money then you could ever make I said it's your opinion on Nicks all I said is that just because he is hurt this season doesn't mean he isn't going to demand the big bucks calm down buddy.....
    If you have as much money as you say you do, perhaps its time to buy a comma or period. Your run-on sentences are hurting my eyes.

  7. #37
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    And its official. You don't know what you are talking about.

    Talk to any sane Giants fan and they would even take AJ Green over Hakeem Nicks. No question.
    Why don't you just chill bro I never said you didn't know what your talking about but since you want to go there what has those two done that Nicks hasn't please inform me mr. know it all???? And I doubt that ANY Giants fan would take them over Nicks if not for the simple fact that we won the SB with the damn guy but yeah keep thinking Nicks is a 10-20 wr in the NFL and I don't know what I'm talking about...

  8. #38
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    If you have as much money as you say you do, perhaps its time to buy a comma or period. Your run-on sentences are hurting my eyes.
    oh what's a matter you can't take the truth this a MB bro it's not a freakin government document, grow up, not everyone has to agree with you...

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    its true. that is one small positive that comes from this.

    but i dont think nicks is as hurt as some (buddy) around here say. i'd bet he returns for the SF game. pretty much every nfl player would aggravate their knees if they went from strict rest all week, to full bore on gamedays...he'll be alright. but that is a good bargaining chip altho it could also work against us bc Nicks could believe he is worth x amount of dollars and JR believes he's worth y amount, and JR wont overpay for any FA from his past dealings...so...
    If JR didn't find a way to resign Nicks he'd be looking for a job himself.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    If you have as much money as you say you do, perhaps its time to buy a comma or period. Your run-on sentences are hurting my eyes.


    I'll have Hakeem Nicks over Victor Cruz. We'll see how Cruz does in season two, but in my opinion his numbers last year were a lot to do with the double coverage Nicks was seeing.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts