+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Why the Nicks injury is actually a positive

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Why don't you just chill bro I never said you didn't know what your talking about but since you want to go there what has those two done that Nicks hasn't please inform me mr. know it all???? And I doubt that ANY Giants fan would take them over Nicks if not for the simple fact that we won the SB with the damn guy but yeah keep thinking Nicks is a 10-20 wr in the NFL and I don't know what I'm talking about...
    Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Does this make him better than Dan Marino? Your SB argument is irrelevant here.

Put AJ Green on the Giants with Eli and he averages 100 yards and a TD per game for the season. And those numbers may be low.

Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post

I'll have Hakeem Nicks over Victor Cruz. We'll see how Cruz does in season two, but in my opinion his numbers last year were a lot to do with the double coverage Nicks was seeing.
    It's debateable. Cruz is more explosive. More dependable healthwise at this point. Nicks is bigger, has great hands. They certainly make a good combo, no denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Does this make him better than Dan Marino? Your SB argument is irrelevant here.

Put AJ Green on the Giants with Eli and he averages 100 yards and a TD per game for the season. And those numbers may be low.
    Your hopeless...I know it isn't about just SB's. It is about how much he demands a double team and how he still puts up 1000 yards receiving years even when missing games. My point is he is as good or if not better then all those guys mentioned. Nicks is big time and I wouldn't let trade him for anybody. Hakeem Nicks opens everything up for Cruz. You seen what happens when they both are on the field they are almost unstoppable and I just think that you saying cause he is injured all the time so he is not a top 10 wr is wrong.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 10-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Nicks is a stud and i dont care what anyone eles thinks,i watch him play all the time and i dont see how he isnt top 5 WR..

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    lol oh now your going to be butthurt you really didn't have to go there and I won't put my personal stuff out there but I bet I'll have more money then you could ever make I said it's your opinion on Nicks all I said is that just because he is hurt this season doesn't mean he isn't going to demand the big bucks calm down buddy.....
    You are quickly becoming the biggest ******* on this MB . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    You are quickly becoming the biggest ******* on this MB . . . . .
    Think what you want but I think to a lot of people you already hold that card.

Nicks is a stud but A.J. Green certainly deserves to be in a conversation about being a better receiver. They're actually very similar in terms of playing style but A.J. Green's height advantage and slightly better speed give him the nod. It's not really a diss on Nicks considering Green was a #4 overall pick and was sort of expected to breakthrough and become a top player on the Bengals.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Nicks is a stud but A.J. Green certainly deserves to be in a conversation about being a better receiver. They're actually very similar in terms of playing style but A.J. Green's height advantage and slightly better speed give him the nod. It's not really a diss on Nicks considering Green was a #4 overall pick and was sort of expected to breakthrough and become a top player on the Bengals.
    I won't argue with that, but I think with Nicks experience and the #'s he has put up in the regular season and his post season to me has to be ahead of AJ.

Stop the attacks on each other. Not gonna say it again

Veteran
    He's going to cost top dollar either way. There is no silver lining here. We need him to play.

+ Reply to Thread