+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why the Nicks injury is actually a positive

I agree that Nicks injury history will hurt his ability to get the big money; however, he will still want to get paid. With Cruz, JPP, Bennett, Beatty and a bunch of others coming up as FAs next year it will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. If Reese stays true to form they all may test the market...

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    I want Nicks out there as much as anybody (he's killing my fantasy team), but in the long run I think this is a positive.

If Nicks had a monster year he would be in line for a HUGE contract. He would probably be looking for something just short of Larry Fitz money. Given the Giants have to take care of Cruz with JPP (highest paid defender ever?) on the horizon, I don't know if they would have sprung for that. Now Nicks can't possibly expect a monster contract mainly because of his injury history. Certainly he is due a raise, but it shouldn't be a cap-crippling contract. This way we can keep both Cruz and Nicks for years to come.
    A player who is injured all of the time is no good for the Giants. Also it shows how terrible you are to think that a person getting hurt is a positive. I love the Giants cause they are my team but I am also a fan of Nicks and hope that he doesn
    t get hurt that much. I hope he does get money but I don't think he should get Fitz like money cause we have Cruz who is a real good receiver as well. Both of them maybe should get 5 mil a year deal if both can stay healthy.

We have another high pick in Randle and the Giants really didn't use him that much. I think that if the Giants can't keep Nicks, then they can use Randle enough.

Eliscruzzz you have abominated this thread. If you didn't know Nicks was scheduled to play against the Eagles than you weren't listening. Riverboat has you on every argument. This is a forum of Giants fans. Not a rambling arena of drawn out sentences.

Just because you and Adam Schefter think Nicks is playing against the 49ers doesn't make it true. I for one don't think Shefter is a solid source for G-Men insight, I'd much prefer Glazer. I don't think that Nicks will be on the field against the 49ers because of what I've been told. I'll call it an educated guess because of my sources, I'm thinking the Skins is looking for realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    A player who is injured all of the time is no good for the Giants. Also it shows how terrible you are to think that a person getting hurt is a positive. I love the Giants cause they are my team but I am also a fan of Nicks and hope that he doesn
    t get hurt that much. I hope he does get money but I don't think he should get Fitz like money cause we have Cruz who is a real good receiver as well. Both of them maybe should get 5 mil a year deal if both can stay healthy.

We have another high pick in Randle and the Giants really didn't use him that much. I think that if the Giants can't keep Nicks, then they can use Randle enough.
    You havent read anything I have said, obviously.

And if you think we are signing Nicks and Cruz to long-term contracts averaging only 5mil/ year each, you've got a rude awakening headed your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Lets not get crazy here. He's not a once in a decade talent. He is a very good player but not transcendant. He hasn't broken 1200 yards recieving once (Cruz hit 1500 last year alone) in part because of his injuries. And the injuries will count at contract time. The Giants may franchise him or perhaps he gets Desean Jackson money but if he misses most of this year there is no way they break the bank for him.
    Nicks is an all-time great Giant WR, that says it all. It's fine if you think Cruz is better than Nicks based on yardage but to me Nicks does more things better than Cruz, and Cruz still needs to prove some. Nicks is just big time clutch WR, look at 2011 postseason, Nicks is clearly better than Cruz.

Nicks 28 rec 444 yards 15.9 avg 4 TD
    Cruz 21 rec 269 yards 12.8 avg 1 TD

If the Giants use the injury card as an excuse to not re-sign or low-ball Nicks, it's only going to benefit another team that does get him. So this injury thing helping the Giants' case is not really true. Nicks will get the money somewhere no matter what.

I'm hopeful we can retain them both. #InReeseWeTrust.

Nicks has the intangibles that most receivers lack in this league. Him and Cruz are great friends and amazing players to have in the locker room. I believe our next draft will focus mainly on the O-Line issues we are seeing, with out first round pick focusing on secondary...probably adding a Cb or S. Phillips is in a contract year this year as is Osi. As much as I hate to say it, in order to pay Cruz initially we may have to let Phillips go.

I'm hopeful Will Hill can keep developing so as well as some of our other safeties so we can at least sustain without Phillips. After this year and this off season, I firmly believe Reese's main goal will be to retain Nicks.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    You are quickly becoming the biggest ******* on this MB . . . . .
    you already have that on lock tho, ha jk. take it easy on elicruz, hes just passionate and dislikes when people devalue his opinion

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    You are quickly becoming the biggest ******* on this MB . . . . .
    LOL!! I didn't say it!

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Eliscruzzz you have abominated this thread. If you didn't know Nicks was scheduled to play against the Eagles than you weren't listening. Riverboat has you on every argument. This is a forum of Giants fans. Not a rambling arena of drawn out sentences.

Just because you and Adam Schefter think Nicks is playing against the 49ers doesn't make it true. I for one don't think Shefter is a solid source for G-Men insight, I'd much prefer Glazer. I don't think that Nicks will be on the field against the 49ers because of what I've been told. I'll call it an educated guess because of my sources, I'm thinking the Skins is looking for realistic.
    its not shefter tho, he's just reporting what the giants said. and what the giants have said was 100% opposite of what u said, therefore u are wrong. thats not me trying to be personal, but its the truth. u tried saying u can see where he tore his pcl by watching it on the tv lol as well as this "source" u have...well all that doesnt change the fact that u and ur source were wrong...

and nicks participated in practice fyi. and ralph vacciano also reported the same thing shefter did sooo well yeah

+ Reply to Thread