+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eli an equal opportunity teacher, teammate for Giants

Eli an equal opportunity teacher, teammate for Giants

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...XnD2ySIIpp8f5N

Excerpt: "Before he was Eli Manning, two-time Super Bowl MVP quarterback, before he was one-time Super Bowl MVP, back when he was a famous player but not nearly a great one, back when there was every reason to wonder what legacy he would leave behind, Manning shared.

It is one of his most underrated assets. As he mastered his position, he quickly realized it would do him no good if those around him, even the roster bottom-feeders, did not know what he knew.

“I came from Denver, my first day of practice, know none of the plays,’’ receiver Domenik Hixon said yesterday, recalling a day in October of 2007. “I ran a route and Eli came, pulled me to the side and said ‘This is what I’m expecting.’ I kind of was like ‘Wow.’ I’m the last guy on the depth chart at receiver but just in case I ought to know what to do." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

all good stuff that we already know but always good to read and hear from his fellow players.
    A QB is only as good as his receivers and vice versa to a degree. Why wouldnt a QB coach up his targets???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

That's one quality I love about Eli. He's not one to assign blame. I know most of us did here on the boards (myself definitely included), but Eli doesn't, and that's the important part.

That's a really good article man! Eli is our team, he runs it, he mentors it and he guilds it. Without Eli Manning this team would not be who they are today and would not have 2 more championships during his reign as QB. Thank god for Eli Manning!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    That's one quality I love about Eli. He's not one to assign blame. I know most of us did here on the boards (myself definitely included), but Eli doesn't, and that's the important part.
    I haven't noticed any blame assignment here....OH WAIT
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Bench Player
    A class act thru and thru,just like the organization.

I'm pretty sure Eli is probably the most important player the NYG have brought in since LT. He makes those around him better, to the point of turning marginal no-name players into household names. This coming from someone who hated the San Diego deal and pissed and moaned at every overthrown pass up to 2011.

You're forgetting Jonas Seawright
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-04-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fee-fi-fo-fum View Post
    You're forgetting Jonas Seawright
    Wow, hijacked my post.
    Anyway, after careful consideration and in-depth statistical analysis, it has been determined that Mr. Seawright was effective only in making other player look better - not actually making them play better.

+ Reply to Thread