+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123

Thread: Justin Tuck quote...

  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    What was it, a restructured contract?
    They upped the dollar amount to be paid this season.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

    Burier: Yes.

    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

    Burier: Yes. I promise.

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Osi got paid and is not giving his best.
    you made my point...

  3. #113
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,278
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    you made my point...
    My fault

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Osi didn'tget paid, not "football paid" anyway. What did he get, a couple extra million for his one remaining season? A million or two is alot for us but is pretty much nothing for these guys with the type of lifestyle they have. Osi should be going at 110% since this is his contract year. If he doesn't produce, he won't get signed for anything but the league minimum.

    Also, The D-line is featured on this team 90% of the time since that is how often they are rushing four. The fact that they aren't generating enough pressure on the QB has nothing to do with it. The line has played like crap for the first quarter of the season with the notable exception of JPP. Blitzing a safety or a Lb doesn't in any way increase how we are featuring the D-line since the D-line isn't doing one of its jobs, putting presure on the QB. The D-line has been featured in the exact same way as it has is previous seasons. The only exception now is that they aren't generating half the presure they once were.
    the bottom line is that you have to beat the man across the line from you and we aren't getting that done plain and simple, and players whining and trying to make excuses don't help anything...

  5. #115
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989
    I know this isnt about Tuck's Quote but this is about Osi and what he got and what he said.

    Umenyiora, who agreed in June to a restructured one-year, $6 million contract, is finally healthy and happy. Smiling and continually adjusting his Yankees cap on Friday at the Giants’ relatively quiet Sunday-in-the-park training camp, Umenyiora, 30, said the team knows “how much pride I have and how competitive I am.”
    “Usually, you would’ve heard my mouth by now,” he said. “But, in this situation, man, I just want everybody to succeed. I’m just happy here.”
    He also said he believed the Giants had “the best team in football.”

    Why cant he just play hard??? If someone paid me 6 million for 1 year I would do just about anything asked of me, with a smile. Oh yeah I forgot, he does smile, even when he gets torched.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  6. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    I know this isnt about Tuck's Quote but this is about Osi and what he got and what he said.

    Umenyiora, who agreed in June to a restructured one-year, $6 million contract, is finally healthy and happy. Smiling and continually adjusting his Yankees cap on Friday at the Giants’ relatively quiet Sunday-in-the-park training camp, Umenyiora, 30, said the team knows “how much pride I have and how competitive I am.”
    “Usually, you would’ve heard my mouth by now,” he said. “But, in this situation, man, I just want everybody to succeed. I’m just happy here.”
    He also said he believed the Giants had “the best team in football.”

    Why cant he just play hard??? If someone paid me 6 million for 1 year I would do just about anything asked of me, with a smile. Oh yeah I forgot, he does smile, even when he gets torched.
    There was one play last game and pretty sure it was one where he came too wide and Vick ran past him for like the 5th time and the camera shows Osi with this big grin on his face like he had just sacked someone
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

  7. #117
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    There was one play last game and pretty sure it was one where he came too wide and Vick ran past him for like the 5th time and the camera shows Osi with this big grin on his face like he had just sacked someone
    Yeah I remember that vividly. I thought to myself and said even though he got torched he was still having fun. Now that I look back on that I was wrong, he was embarrassed! I hope he straightens up soon.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  8. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Yeah I remember that vividly. I thought to myself and said even though he got torched he was still having fun. Now that I look back on that I was wrong, he was embarrassed! I hope he straightens up soon.
    Or just doesn't care ...which I pray isn't the case
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

  9. #119
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Or just doesn't care ...which I pray isn't the case
    Very true. If he doesnt care anymore, it will show up in the locker room and the drama will begin. Too many guys on this team care alot, Cruz being one of them and I am sure someone will pull Osi aside for a peptalk. Hopefully it is Chase Blackburn. That guy has the heart and soul of a TRUE football player.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  10. #120
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    789
    "what is pathetic is someone who lacks compassion and the understanding that human beings go through **** and football players are no different"

    What is it exactly that Tuck is going through? Self doubt? thought of retirement? Thinks he sucks? Torrey Smith's younger brother died (oh I know what that's like too btw) and he played a game the same day so don't even go there with what Tuck is going through..doesn't amount to a hill of beans in comparison.

    "If you think things like this are a sign of weakness then you are nothing but ignorant. I would assume you are young person with very limited life experiences. If you arent then there is really no excuse for you then"

    --Ok, this is where your post got personal..so I'm going to respond personal. I'm ignorant, with very limited life experience you say? I've been in the military for 15 years. Been in a leadership role for most of them and at this point I can safely make the assumption that you have little or no life exerience in this area to say the same. I've probably had more "life experiences" in my career than you have in your whole life and that includes the years you have yet to live out. I have 2 sons that are Autistic and will never have a fair shot at life and me and my wife are the only people that love them unconditionally and probably the only ones that don't judge them ..and you say I don't have compassion that I don't understand what human beings go through? You wouldn't last a week living my life. Go F yourself...you don't know me..you don't know hardship, not on my level anyway. So stop pretending you got me all figured out.
    Last edited by ELI_Iz_God; 10-06-2012 at 02:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts