+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Tuck quote...

Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post
    He made a remark about teams lining up in punt-like formations to negate the pass rush. Which is pretty much true because you can see our two ends getting double teamed followed by a chip by either/or the halfback or fullback. There's a lot of respect for these guys off the edge and it's negated our pass rush for the most part. If there's any solution to this I think it would be to blitz, but with the state our secondary is in it seems like Fewell is reluctant to send any extra defenders.
    It sounds like Fewell's nascar has been hard countered... maybe we should run a more 3-4 style defense, but with our 4-3 package... but yeah, Fewell doesn't blitz unless he knows his secondary can hold up undermanned. Hopefully with Prince and Hosley healthy (and presumably starting since webster is out), he will be more likely to send a linebacker more often...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It sounds like Fewell's nascar has been hard countered... maybe we should run a more 3-4 style defense, but with our 4-3 package... but yeah, Fewell doesn't blitz unless he knows his secondary can hold up undermanned. Hopefully with Prince and Hosley healthy (and presumably starting since webster is out), he will be more likely to send a linebacker more often...
    Starting to think they aren't happy with their role in this defense.
    Finalized Divorced from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Per Vacchiano, Webster is not out. Corey said he intends to play Sunday. Hosley is actually likely not to play Sunday. Rolle also said he will be ready for Sunday. Coe also looks like he will be ready for Sunday.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Starting to think they aren't happy with their role in this defense.
    That would be odd considering this scheme is meant to favor the D-line heavily. I think it is more that they are in desperate need of more help from the LB'ers and Secondary.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    You think what Justin said is concerning, it gets worse. Per Vacchiano's twitter from JPP:

Jason Pierre-Paul is unhappy and it's starting to affect his game. "I'm not having that fun I'm used to," he ...said. "I’ve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that you’re out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year. And that’ll go for the other guys too. You could see it their eyes that they’re not having fun with the game. They’ve got to find themselves and I’ve got to find myself.
    Yeah...that's much worse than Tuck coming to terms with his current play. The Dline really needs a big game here soon or this could be one depressing season for the defense.

I think he just needs to make yet another Subway commercial. That'll make him feel better.

how can these guys be unhappy and moping around, most of us would give anything to have an opportunity like they have and make millions doing it...Tuck went through this same crap last year...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    how can these guys be unhappy and moping around, most of us would give anything to have an opportunity like they have and make millions doing it...
    And have some friggin' pride that they are Super Bowl Campions twice in the last 5 seasons. Spolied, overpaid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    how can these guys be unhappy and moping around, most of us would give anything to have an opportunity like they have and make millions doing it...Tuck went through this same crap last year...
    I actually like that even after winning 2 SB's, it still pisses him off when he doesn't play well. Would you rather that he be satisfied with how he has played so far this season?

Let's be honest, if he said he was happy with his performance, people would call him out. At least he admits that he's having problems. No need to sugarcoat it.

+ Reply to Thread