+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    That would be odd considering this scheme is meant to favor the D-line heavily. I think it is more that they are in desperate need of more help from the LB'ers and Secondary.
    It's meant to favor the D-line, but it's not. There's almost no pressure on the opposing quarterback. When we played Philly, I saw Fewell only rush three a few times. Three. Now you can argue and say whether it's Fewell's schemes, or if he's afraid to blitz because of the poor secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by rtr1105 View Post
    Let's be honest, if he said he was happy with his performance, people would call him out. At least he admits that he's having problems. No need to sugarcoat it.
    Of course, that's not the problem. I'm just tired of the talking down, he needs to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I actually like that even after winning 2 SB's, it still pisses him off when he doesn't play well. Would you rather that he be satisfied with how he has played so far this season?
    no I would much rather he stop moping around and step up his game, we only get 16 games and he doesn't have the right to take a few off because he is sulking, if he's got a problem he needs to talk it out and I don't mean on Subway commercials

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    no I would much rather he stop moping around and step up his game, we only get 16 games and he doesn't have the right to take a few off because he is sulking, if he's got a problem he needs to talk it out and I don't mean on Subway commercials
    Exactly this!
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's meant to favor the D-line, but it's not. There's almost no pressure on the opposing quarterback. When we played Philly, I saw Fewell only rush three a few times. Three. Now you can argue and say whether it's Fewell's schemes, or if he's afraid to blitz because of the poor secondary.
    Perhaps and if the d-line got better help from the back end of the defense maybe Fewell would not have to hold back. My philosophy is regardless of personnel, you send more guys than they can block always but do it creatively and with disguise. Not sure that is in line with Fewell's approach even if he had a lights out secondary and LB'ing core but if he likes that philosophy as well and is holding back because he has an at best suspect back end of the defense I can understand it. Still no excuse for these whiny, overpaid, spoiled d-linemen to mope around and feel sorry for themselves and even take plays off because their not having fun.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

And have some friggin' pride that they are Super Bowl Campions twice in the last 5 seasons. Spolied, overpaid babies.
    how can these guys be unhappy and moping around, most of us would give anything to have an opportunity like they have and make millions doing it...Tuck went through this same crap last year...
    playing football and being rich doesnt mean squat if you are having mental issues with what you do. People are not machines you just cant put new batteries in and away yuo go. You have no idea what or how someone can manage a job/career no matter what it is..
    With that said Tuck better find out quick what will put him and the rest of the D on the right track.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

You think what Justin said is concerning, it gets worse. Per Vacchiano's twitter from JPP:

Jason Pierre-Paul is unhappy and it's starting to affect his game. "I'm not having that fun I'm used to," he ...said. "I’ve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that you’re out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year. And that’ll go for the other guys too. You could see it their eyes that they’re not having fun with the game. They’ve got to find themselves and I’ve got to find myself.
    Now THAT worries me. Sounds like the coaches refuse to alter a scheme that isnt working. Teams are just doubling up/chipping the ends and Fewell has no answer. How about a blitz up the middle every now and then? How about some stunts? How about anything. There got to be something going on to make these guys depressed...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    playing football and being rich doesnt mean squat if you are having mental issues with what you do. People are not machines you just cant put new batteries in and away yuo go. You have no idea what or how someone can manage a job/career no matter what it is..
    With that said Tuck better find out quick what will put him and the rest of the D on the right track.
    I don't disagree if they are legitimate mental issues plaguing them and confirmed by medical science. Just because it isn't "fun" doesn't excuse the moping and feeling sorry for themselves. Who said it was supposed to always be fun? It's hard work most of the time and it being fun is a luxury that they aren't automatically entitled to all the time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Now THAT worries me. Sounds like the coaches refuse to alter a scheme that isnt working. Teams are just doubling up/chipping the ends and Fewell has no answer. How about a blitz up the middle every now and then? How about some stunts? How about anything. There got to be something going on to make these guys depressed...
    I agree 100%.

And have some friggin' pride that they are Super Bowl Campions twice in the last 5 seasons. Spolied, overpaid babies.
    how can these guys be unhappy and moping around, most of us would give anything to have an opportunity like they have and make millions doing it...Tuck went through this same crap last year...
    I don't disagree if they are legitimate mental issues plaguing them and confirmed by medical science. Just because it isn't "fun" doesn't excuse the moping and feeling sorry for themselves. Who said it was supposed to always be fun? It's hard work most of the time and it being fun is a luxury that they aren't automatically entitled to.
    agreed....I just get defensive when people think just because they are NFL players and rich they shouldnt have a care in the world. Poeple are people no matter what their lot in life may be.
    Tuck looks like he has not much fire in his play. If its physical then get help with the rotation and take fewer reps. If its mental lay in the couch and get some help.
    Seems they have more problems with discipline in their schemes than actual be out muscled.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch