+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wilson

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Im starting to get flustered with this team right now.

Our best RB talent gets 0 carries

He had two carries and fumbled one, he got in on one offensive play last game and dropped the pass, he EXCELS at kick returns and has had praise heaped on him by TC. Gilbride has said they are working on plays designed to take advantage of his explosiveness. His day is coming

Nicks is banged up...the team wont say a thing about it

What is it they need to say? He has a swollen knee and he can't play yet. The medical staff believes rest will help him heal.

Now Barden is hurt

He has a concussion, it's a relatively short term issue and he should be available for the 49ers

Randle has no work ethic (supposedly)

Luckily for Rueben, he will have a chance on Sunday to disprove any notions that he's not taking things seriously or not practicing they way he should.

Bradshaw is still starting when its clear hes not who he used to be

We really don't have a "starting" running back but Bradshaw is the guy who is in for the first snap. Brown has been playing pretty well and they will continue to use that tandem until either Wilson or Scott is ready for prime time. That may not take long as Ahmad seems to go down every season which is how Brown move up in thee rotation.

Tuck is depressed again

I don't know if his saying he "sucks" is a sign of depression or not. I do think it's a fair self assessment though.

Hes starting to get JPP depressed

JPP says he's not having fun. The DEs need to figure out how to get more pressure.
    Our Secondary is decimated

True, but Sash is back from suspension, Amukamara seems to be coming along nicely, Will Hill and Stevie Brown have been doing well and Coe practiced today. I'd like to have Hosley back. I suspect Rolle will play Sunday.

Osi really is a bellerina

He's not the Osi of old

The coaches have no answers

What are the questions?

Im Frustrated!!!!
    We never would have guessed
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-04-2012 at 07:13 PM.

list looked the same this time last year too...dont sweat it. we got 10

Christ, just stick him on the field for an entire series or two. None of this plain-as-day "Look, we are putting David Wilson on the field so we're obviously going to use him" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Christ, just stick him on the field for an entire series or two. None of this plain-as-day "Look, we are putting David Wilson on the field so we're obviously going to use him" crap.
    They don't even do that with Bradshaw
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They don't even do that with Bradshaw
    True... At least bring him out on 1st down for once. Just insert him into the rotation, never mind drawing up specific plays you'd otherwise never run.
    It's just frustrating. They drafted a kick returner in the 1st round? I just want to see this guy play!

True... At least bring him out on 1st down for once. Just insert him into the rotation, never mind drawing up specific plays you'd otherwise never run.
    It's just frustrating. They drafted a kick returner in the 1st round? I just want to see this guy play!
    He happens to excel at it. Until they feel he's ready for prime time on offense, better to have him making positive contributions on STs than being inactive.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He happens to excel at it. Until they feel he's ready for prime time on offense, better to have him making positive contributions on STs than being inactive.
    Also true. It's like seeing a glimpse of what could be on offense though.
    At least he's eliminated one of the team's weaknesses. Been searching for a decent returner since Hixon stopped doing it.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 10-04-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Also true. It's like seeing a glimpse of what could be on offense though. At least he's eliminated one of the team's weaknesses. Been searching for a decent returner since Hixon stopped doing it.
    First, we know TC has confidence in him as a returner or he'd not be back there. I think we are now 50 - 8 when we win the turnover battle so we can understand why the coaches want to be sure Wilson can control the ball. We don't see him at practice although TC has said he practices hard. I always defer to the coaching staff on when a rookie is ready. My sense is it won't be long.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Where the hell has Jernigan been? Is he really not resourceful? The management can't see anything in him yet?
    Obviously not.

The biggest hinderance to Wilson getting more playing time is his ability to block for Eli. We all know how TC and Gilbride puts that as a priority for RBs. Maybe he hasn't shown the ability to do that enough.

+ Reply to Thread