+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't think our players are hungry anymore... some of them anyway...... JPP?

I think they're confused. I am not sure if they thought everyone was supposed to lie down and let them win or they just can't get it together, but they are a quarter of the way through the season and split 2-2 in the first quarter. They need to figure it out because we are starting to get into the meat of the season where wins and losses are going to mean much more.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Watch other D-line's play.... the energy and relentlessness they play with.... we don't have that yet we have superior talent than any unit in the league.....

Listen to this JPP quote... makes me worry a little...

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN Jason Pierre-Paul is unhappy and it's starting to affect his game.

I'm not worried about JPP even though that's not exactly what i want to be hearing from a 3rd year player that's 23 years old..... however it doesn't look like we have that hunger right now.

Tuck is moping about how he sucks.... I hope Tuck get's pissed and unleashes along with Osi, JPP, Kiwi & co.......

If Tuck is having another "Maybe I should retire crisis" We heard it all last year. His play so far is a mirror image of last year...him standing on the sideline waving a towel, except now he's doing it taking up a position on the field. The NFL and it's fans doesn't have time for this crap.....your either here to play or not...make up your mind and stop wasting this teams time.

lol last week "we were setting up to destroy the eagles" and we were clicking on all cylinders. Now we arent hungry. cant wait to see whats said after the browns game.

Veteran
    I think they are being frustrated because we have just played a streak of "escapable QB's"...and IMO, we didn't play them correctly. Some guys sit in the pocket like statues, and we feed on those types, but some have the talent to move or slide in the pocket and those guys need to be contained. A flat all-out bull rush doesn't seem to work against those types of QB's.

Banned
    Remember when Tuck ran down Tomlinson? Remember when we were playing the Rams and he tIpped a pass, picked it off and ran for a TD? Well remember it because that Tuck is loooong gone. I guess the aura of Strahan is starting to wear off. As far as Osi, 4 games in and no forced fumbles... might be too early to call it but he's starting to look a little washed. No leadership out there, definitely not the caliber of Stra. JPP is gonna be fine, in fact he's gonna develop into a leader and will be that one Giant still standing after Coughlin and Eli retires. You can't win a championship every year and maybe some of the guys on the team just aren't up for it this year. That fire will light back up once they see somebody else holding up that trophy though.

Some people wear the emotions on their sleeves, JPP is one of them. This is where veteran leadership needs to step in and get him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Some people wear the emotions on their sleeves, JPP is one of them. This is where veteran leadership needs to step in and get him back on track.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    lol last week "we were setting up to destroy the eagles" and we were clicking on all cylinders. Now we arent hungry. cant wait to see whats said after the browns game.
    I don 't play the games, I just go off what I see and feel. Felt we were ready to 'take off', most specifically that the D-line was ready to wake up. Also thought Nicks would be a full go.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

That sounds more like Tuck talking than JPP. Attitude's can be contagious and it seems like Tuck's negative outlook on his performance this year is starting to spread to the rest of his D line teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    100% agree

I don 't play the games, I just go off what I see and feel. Felt we were ready to 'take off', most specifically that the D-line was ready to wake up. Also thought Nicks would be a full go.
    i know man, im just giving you a hard time. If theres one thing i know from experience, its that you have to take each game week by week with the giants. Especially this early in the season. They could look bad one week then look great the next. Or look good one week and then play horrible the following week. You never know. I wouldnt be surprised if the browns game comes down to the last play just like the eagles game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    i know man, im just giving you a hard time. If theres one thing i know from experience, its that you have to take each game week by week with the giants. Especially this early in the season. They could look bad one week then look great the next. Or look good one week and then play horrible the following week. You never know. I wouldnt be surprised if the browns game comes down to the last play just like the eagles game.
    If we don't blow out this horrible Browns teams and I know, I know.. any given Sunday. That's all fine and dandy but the Browns suck. They suck. They played toe to toe with Baltimore but we should blow them out of the water.

I expect Eli to take care of business early and shred the ever living out of that secondary.

We are very, very banged up but if we shut down Trent Richardson and I believe he is going to be hard-pressed for yardage on Sunday, we will roll. They don't have the receivers or the QB Weeden does not run the football. He is in serious trouble Sunday. He is the perfect QB to play to get our pass rush going even though he has some good body guards protecting him.

JPP isn't having fun, Tuck agrees says he sucks and he agrees with JPP... I have a feeling the Giants are going to have a lot of fun Sunday.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

+ Reply to Thread