+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I don't think our players are hungry anymore... some of them anyway...... JPP?

[QUOTE=GameTime;518091]
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I completely agree w/ the no huddle. The Eagles were running in different lineman all game long and for some reason we never changed up the tempo. Everybody and they mama knows Eli is at his best in the no huddle but for some reason we never run it enough. It seems like KG doesn't like giving Eli the keys all the time and rather be the one driving if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE

makes no sense really why he would be like that. Kind of odd.....
    You just hit on the "problem" The Eagles have quality depth on the DLine that they use on purpose. We have depth on the DLine that we use when necessary (Ojomo and Tracey). We rely on the once fearsome foursome whose asses are clearly dragging. They take themselves out of the game instead of working depth into the game plan.

I could've had a V-8
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

This topic is certainly food for thought. The Cowboy game showed a disturbing lack of intensity in both trenches. The DL has not shown, in any game, the wrecking crew we need to make up for our depleted/average quality secondary. On the positive side, the same could be said for parts of last year.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    This topic is certainly food for thought. The Cowboy game showed a disturbing lack of intensity in both trenches. The DL has not shown, in any game, the wrecking crew we need to make up for our depleted/average quality secondary. On the positive side, the same could be said for parts of last year.
    You know, we use multiple running backs because we wear a featured back into the ground. Why not this DLine? I think they are now living on their reputations which, at least recently, isn't getting the job done. We add some fresh, eager legs to the "planned rotation" and see if we can't get the numbers we're looking for.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

good points RF

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You know, we use multiple running backs because we wear a featured back into the ground. Why not this DLine? I think they are now living on their reputations which, at least recently, isn't getting the job done. We add some fresh, eager legs to the "planned rotation" and see if we can't get the numbers we're looking for.
    No problem at all with this approach.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Agreed RF. We just don't have the talent on the D-line we once did. I remember Alford and Robins stepping in and having an impact on a lot of plays. Haven't seen the same with Austin and Kuhn. I hope Canty can be the spark when he finally returns.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Agreed RF. We just don't have the talent on the D-line we once did. I remember Alford and Robins stepping in and having an impact on a lot of plays. Haven't seen the same with Austin and Kuhn. I hope Canty can be the spark when he finally returns.
    Haven't heard anything about Canty in a couple of weeks. I remember when he groused about being put on the PUP in training camp then groused about being shelved for the start of the regular season. I guess he just likes to grouse about stuff. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Some people wear the emotions on their sleeves, JPP is one of them. This is where veteran leadership needs to step in and get him back on track.
    unfortunately our veteran leadership is also needing to get back on track

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    we've got Tracy and Ojomo waiting on the sidelines with their tongues hanging out waiting for a chance to show what they can do and we have 2 DEs walking around out there just going through the motions, maybe if we put in Ojomo or Tracy it might light a fire under the starters butts to get them going...

+ Reply to Thread