+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I don't think our players are hungry anymore... some of them anyway...... JPP?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    most players and teams go through ups and downs....
    The Giants are no different...

just chill
    How can you "just chill" when every game, win or lose, is just tempting a heart attack?
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    How can you "just chill" when every game, win or lose, is just tempting a heart attack?
    like 95% of the Giants games I have ever watched.......

besides I have had a heart atttack already once before so been there done that.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Starter
    I don't think this quote has anything to do with a Superbowl Hangover. I think it has more to do with the (lack of) performance of the D-Line. He and Tuck are probably frustrated that they haven't been as successful this year as they have been in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I think the problem with the D line is they're wearing down. Depth is a huge thing in this league and if you don't have depth then teams are going to wear you down. We haven't been at full strength in any of these games.
    BINGO. Want proof? Murray and McCoy were COMPLETELY bottled up in the first half of both games, only to completely shred our run D in the 2nd half. Jason Garrett even mentioned how "the better conditioned team" won the game.

This speaks to our depth (or lack thereof) and rash of injuries at too many positions. But what else is new?

So guys that are most effective as rotational players like Rocky just can't be asked to play so many snaps...

...But that doesn't matter because EVEN HE isn't playing this upcoming game.

I'd like to see us smoke an inferior team like the Brownies, and think we'll win. But I'm not expecting a blowout at all and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if T-Rich has a big game against us. He's just the type of physical back who can wear a depleted D like ours down over the course of the game.

So frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Cardinals have a pitiful OL, and their offensive gameplan consisted of Kolb throwing the ball 50 times in a game that was 1 possession the majority of the game.
    And the Eagles Oline is a pillar of strength?!!

heard more then a few analysts say that there are only a few really good olines at this point in the season. I guess its trending for some reason
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Our D-line has looked pathetic this season. Pathetic.The Rams just destroyed the Cardinals O-linePlenty of teams are doing MUCH more with much less.I'm not too concerned but it's ridiculous.
    I'm not to sure if what we saw last night was 2 really good defenses or 2 very bad OL's. Maybe both.

You guys are looking at the D-line too much and not the dbs. We suppose to have talent there and they aren't getting the job done. Fewel has to blitz sometimes as well cause some offenses use extra blockers and some qbs can run well so we need players who can run with them.

Our defense has a lot of pass rushers and not that many run stoppers. The best offense is to put up a lot of points. Ball control only put up less points and most of the time, the defense has to be real good inorder for ball control to work, Our defense has too many weaknesses and it is not even Osi and I think he is overrated.

With our lack of depth on defense we need to score points and get on teams fast. We can't afford to score only score 3 points in the first halves. Look at the dallas and eagles games. I believe we only scored 3 points in the first half of each of those games. Our D is playing solid for the first halves. The other offenses start making these long consistent drives and start scoring, if we're not matching with long drives and points our D is right back on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    With our lack of depth on defense we need to score points and get on teams fast. We can't afford to score only score 3 points in the first halves. Look at the dallas and eagles games. I believe we only scored 3 points in the first half of each of those games. Our D is playing solid for the first halves. The other offenses start making these long consistent drives and start scoring, if we're not matching with long drives and points our D is right back on the field.
    while all this is true the offense have been lacking in rythem. They need to get a rythem going and not just keep throwing deep. Now that I ahev said they they prob score on the second pass from scrimage on a deep bomb...lol
    I know its been brought up many times but I wonder why they dont use the no huddle or semi hurry up offense as a strategy. That may have worked vs the Eagles since the eagle were changing Dlinemen in and out all game.
    IDK....they team as a whole needs a spark....

+ Reply to Thread