+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back 17

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Are you forgetting we gave him a chance to redeem himself last year and he declined it because Coughlin was too much of a hardass?

He chose Rex because he was more lax and look how that worked out for him and what happened to us.... He made his bid and now he has to live with it.
    Eh, don't kid yourself. He chose the Jets becasue they guranteed him $3M and we wouldn't even guarantee him $1M.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Marley View Post
    People might say he's old or lost a step but I say bull ,17 or Plax is needed right now to give the team a spark. I believe in redemption and I'm sure 17 wants to redeem himself for letting himself and the team down in 08. He caught 8 tds last yr and we need him to make people respect us in the red zone. Bring back 17 and we will go on a winning streak guaranteed!!!!!!!!
    Look at the Jets WR situation and they won't even bring him in for a look . . . . what does that tell you?

Banned
    What I would rather happen to me than see plax back...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    What spark?. the guy cant run. He was virtually invisible between the 20's last year. The Jets who have nothing at WR dont want him back. He isnt on any NFL roster after working out for teams that should tell u something
    But look how tall he is
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ramses Barden is a better receiver than Plax at this point, and that's saying a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Eh, don't kid yourself. He chose the Jets becasue they guranteed him $3M and we wouldn't even guarantee him $1M.
    Wait I thought it was because Eli didnt stop his world and go and greet him personally.... it was all about the money, nothing more. The Giants did Plax a favor by even having a meeting - probably drove up the price the Jets paid.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Wait I thought it was because Eli didnt stop his world and go and greet him personally.... it was all about the money, nothing more. The Giants did Plax a favor by even having a meeting - probably drove up the price the Jets paid.
    how quickly you guys forget Plax's role in beating GB 4 yrs ago, and his SB catch

He was not fast then......he was tough and tall and not afraid to go up for the ball

His stiff arm against GB was a thing of beauty. Plax is a very physical receiver.......basing what we do on what the Jets will not do is insanity
    I'd say the Jets are an excellent negative barometer.......whatever they decided to do I'd go the other way with confidence

He is also a large and awesome downfield blocker for the RBs........I'm sure he would come here for vet min at this point.

My God.........really what would it hurt........a roster spot?

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    how quickly you guys forget Plax's role in beating GB 4 yrs ago, and his SB catch

He was not fast then......he was tough and tall and not afraid to go up for the ball

His stiff arm against GB was a thing of beauty. Plax is a very physical receiver.......basing what we do on what the Jets will not do is insanity
    I'd say the Jets are an excellent negative barometer.......whatever they decided to do I'd go the other way with confidence

He is also a large and awesome downfield blocker for the RBs........I'm sure he would come here for vet min at this point.

Disagree - Plax WAS deceptively fast then... he's so long and lanky that what may take one receiver 5 strides would take plax 4, so it never looked like he was "moving" but he was.

Now or the most recent history of him playing..... any Jets fan i know says Plax was nowhere to be found between the 20's.. couldnt get separation... that wont fly here.. not to mention that he threw Sanchez under the bus on his way out meaning he's the same immature jack-hole.

It would be worth more to be down to a 52 man roster than to invite the circus he would bring with him.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post

Who would you release to bring Plaxico aboard?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    I think the only real reason we along with Pittsburgh Steelers even looked at Plexiglass was to help an old team member to spark interest around the league and to drive his price up.

After what Plexiglass did in 2008 there is no way we could ever take him back. He really threw us out of synch. However, he did look good last season and if he had a real QB as opposed to Sanchize throwing to him I think he would have put up better numbers.

I bELIeve.

+ Reply to Thread