+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beatty This Past Week And Moving Forward

Starter

Beatty This Past Week And Moving Forward

I just found this link on ESPN. It's under the NFC East blog and was pretty eyeopening about Beatty this past weekend. It was mostly positive about him and went pretty in depth. It's encouraging since Beatty was not very good last year and I had my doubts about him. But if he plays like this last weekend against Trent Cole then I think he can bulid off that and perform well the rest of the season.

Link:http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...led-trent-cole
    NYG

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN023 View Post
    I just found this link on ESPN. It's under the NFC East blog and was pretty eyeopening about Beatty this past weekend. It was mostly positive about him and went pretty in depth. It's encouraging since Beatty was not very good last year and I had my doubts about him. But if he plays like this last weekend against Trent Cole then I think he can bulid off that and perform well the rest of the season.

Link:http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...led-trent-cole
    I disagree that Beatty was not very good last year. He was playing fine and seemed to be improving before he got hurt. His major problem has always been his ability to stay on the field.

Read it already. If anyone has watched Beatty close this year he's played very well and is one of the more reliable o-line men. He hasn't drawn any penalties (maybe 1 if that?) and has had to guard some pro-bowl caliber d ends. If he remains healthy, he should remain on the field for us for every offensive play.

Agreed......he's a solid tackle and that eye injury was very freakish/random. He's rebounded well. Hopefully he can stay healthy because that seems to be the O-Lines biggest issue....hell their best Tackle in recent memory was Shawn Andrews.......guy was a wall but just couldn't stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I disagree that Beatty was not very good last year. He was playing fine and seemed to be improving before he got hurt. His major problem has always been his ability to stay on the field.
    A problem shared by many on this team.

Yeah but he dropped a pass in the endzone!!

Beatty is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by timmytimm3 View Post
    Yeah but he dropped a pass in the endzone!! Beatty is solid.
    you know though that play is going to give teams something else to think about the next time we're in that situation
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Beatty has done a good job.

The problem with Gilbride's pass-happy approach is that it doesn't do anything to slow down guys like Cole and Babin. These lineman want to go on the attack every once in a while with some run-blocking.

as long as he stays healthy with is back he shoudl be the Giants LT for the next several years....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread