+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitch Petrus would likely start for Giants if Chris Snee is unable to play

I actually like Petrus.....I just wish he could speak English:
    Last edited by BlueJayC; 10-05-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    I actually like Petrus.....I just wish he could speak English:
    Snee, PLEASE take the field on Sunday
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I will never forget when Petrus' # was called and he was so excited he almost overran the huddle coming off the sideline
    That play gave me every reason to root for him. His play this year..............
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That play gave me every reason to root for him. His play this year..............
    Or career?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/05/...gainst-browns/

Excerpt: "Only a month ago, offensive lineman Mitch Petrus was without a job. TheNew York Giants had waived their 2010 fifth-round pick in favor of D.J. Jones, who was awarded to the team off of waivers from the Philadelphia Eagles, but Petrus was immediately brought back after Jones failed his physical. Now, as Big Blue enters a crucial week five game with the Cleveland Browns, Petrus not only has his job, but may actually start for the defending Super Bowl champions.

"Next guy. Probably be Mitch Petrus," offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said when asked who would start for Chris Snee if he was unable to play on Sunday." Read more...
    Yep, I like Snee, but I am Petrus advocate. I wish he was taking Diehl's spot instead of Snee. If Petrus plays, the run game will definitely be on.

The guy was so excited it made him look like a nut. lol. The kid has raw talent. He would be a good addition to the o-line if they made him permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    The guy was so excited it made him look like a nut. lol. The kid has raw talent. He would be a good addition to the o-line if they made him permanent.
    I watched him alot this pre-season against other teams' backups. He looked lost in what he was trying to do, often was over powered and all too frequently whiffed on blocks. He's be gone if the Giants' pickup had passed his physical. I am not too optomistic lol.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I watched him alot this pre-season against other teams' backups. He looked lost in what he was trying to do, often was over powered and all too frequently whiffed on blocks. He's be gone if the Giants' pickup had passed his physical. I am not too optomistic lol.

this is exactly what i was thinking reading this conversation.....he did look promising last season,but this preseason he was awful....I can't find to much optimism in this
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

good run blocker, awful pass protector...hopefully he has a solid game

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    good run blocker, awful pass protector...hopefully he has a solid game
    I am confused...who isn't playing that would allow petrus to play....last I saw...Snee was playing and this whole thread is speculation....did i miss something?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

+ Reply to Thread