+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69

Thread: My plea to Tom Coughlin

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    That totally explains it...........Bradshaw has not had a 100 yd game in 2 years and who knew it was because every week he has faced pro bowl tackles
    Yes, using hyperbole is a sure fire way to convince anyone of your point. I mean, it obviously doesn't help the offensive linemen out when the opposing defensive tackles only weigh 310 and 302lbs. One is a 31 year old journeyman player and the other is a raw 2nd year player. You don't think that helped us open up those huge holes in the middle for Brown?

    Brown on the other hand is getting 113 yds a game beacuse of bad opposing tackles.......make sense to me......anyone else buying it?
    What happened to Brown in the Eagles game? He had a few carries to stand out from Bradshaw but never made anything happen. I guarantee you that he won't have a performance like he did against the Panthers this Sunday or against the 49ers. Maybe the Redskins at best.

  2. #42
    they telegraphed every brown run

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    a flea flicker is when the RB pitches back to the QB. Wilson missed a poorly thrown pitch from Eli. It was high and at his back shoulder while running at full speed across the LOS. I odnt agree he should be in the slot but I wouldnt give up on him with passes.
    I am going by collingsworth referring to it as such. It is , of sourse anyones guess at this point if it was intended to go back to Eli. I do agree that it could be a dubious assumption on CC's (and by extension my own) part since you dont see many gimmicks out of this club. The significance of using FF in my post was to indicate his position right in front of Eli, not even past the LOS in coverage.

    I will have to go watch the play again now, I dont remember it looking like a check down.

    I agree we shouldnt give up on his hands. Its hard enough to catch reliably as a rook in the NFL for guys whose main focus if route running and catching, for a running back its doubly so being sort of a "secondary" skill.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    I am going by collingsworth referring to it as such. It is , of sourse anyones guess at this point if it was intended to go back to Eli. I do agree that it could be a dubious assumption on CC's (and by extension my own) part since you dont see many gimmicks out of this club. The significance of using FF in my post was to indicate his position right in front of Eli, not even past the LOS in coverage.

    I will have to go watch the play again now, I dont remember it looking like a check down.

    I agree we shouldnt give up on his hands. Its hard enough to catch reliably as a rook in the NFL for guys whose main focus if route running and catching, for a running back its doubly so being sort of a "secondary" skill.
    funny....I could have sworn CC called it a shovel pass ...which it was....
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

  5. #45
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,054
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    I am going by collingsworth referring to it as such. It is , of sourse anyones guess at this point if it was intended to go back to Eli. I do agree that it could be a dubious assumption on CC's (and by extension my own) part since you dont see many gimmicks out of this club. The significance of using FF in my post was to indicate his position right in front of Eli, not even past the LOS in coverage.

    I will have to go watch the play again now, I dont remember it looking like a check down.

    I agree we shouldnt give up on his hands. Its hard enough to catch reliably as a rook in the NFL for guys whose main focus if route running and catching, for a running back its doubly so being sort of a "secondary" skill.
    wasnt a check down either. It was a designed shovel pass or pitch.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Answer - Carolina Defensive Tackles. Every single Mock Draft you read or any former GM opinions you get from guys like Charlie Casserly or Bill Polian will tell you Carolina needs help at that spot. Like almost every other team in the league, we exploited that weakness.
    well he picked up right where he left off at TB and TB has the 3rd ranked run D and excellent young DL/DT's...carolina is not as poor a team as we made them look and brown WAS a large part of that/ NO couldnt run on them at all...

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Tom.......things are getting dicey

    Tough schedule

    Move David Willson to the slot, at least, temporarily, ...........If you do not think this works, give Frank Gifford a call

    Also get Osi off the field............he is an embarrasment

    and re-insert Brown as the featured back
    Tom needs an ice bath

  8. #48
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,925
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    he IS a WR.....
    And was a CB at first, though he did play some WR in college. Also, Hester isn't a very good WR, so I don't know if that goes that far to prove BP777s point.

  9. #49
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,925
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    wasnt a check down either. It was a designed shovel pass or pitch.....
    It was a designed shovel pass used to exploit Philly's susceptibility to crack back blocks. TC even raised his hands to signal TD before he realized Wilson dropped it as Wilson would have had plenty of green ahead of him.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    well he picked up right where he left off at TB and TB has the 3rd ranked run D and excellent young DL/DT's...carolina is not as poor a team as we made them look and brown WAS a large part of that/ NO couldnt run on them at all...
    Brown came in once Bradshaw went down around the middle of the 2nd half. I'd say it helps when the defense is already worn down a tad and then they have to adjust to a more physical, downhill runner. Don't forget that we were playing catch up and that the defense was looking to defend the pass more so than the run at that time.

    My main point though is that getting excited over Brown's performance in the Carolina game is a little premature considering that their defense allows 138 yards on average against the run. They're notorious for having decent ability to get to the passer but having near abysmal levels of run defense. They were one of the teams responsible for giving the Saints RBs such nice padded stats in previous years.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts