+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: My plea to Tom Coughlin

  1. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,026
    i will agree with parcells in one way - it is clear wilson is a super talent and i think the giants should do a better job of putting the ball in his hands anyway they can. That said coughlin knows all backs MUST protect Eli - b/c unlike any other injury he is the one guy we can't win without (jpp a far second).

    Still - either from the slot - on a bubble screen or in the backfield i do think they gotta get this kid the ball. He's gonna be a huge playmaker - For now I stay patient.

  2. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    how many times have you been banned now jakk?

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    how many times have you been banned now jakk?
    Who is Jakk? and how many times have you be banned Ingrate?.......is that your answer to anyone who does not see things your way?

    Sorry if I want to see Wilson running around in the enemy backfield......whats your plan for our #1 draft choice........full time kick return man?

    If you are returning kicks it usualy means your opponent just scored on you

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Who is Jakk? and how many times have you be banned Ingrate?.......is that your answer to anyone who does not see things your way?

    Sorry if I want to see Wilson running around in the enemy backfield......whats your plan for our #1 draft choice........full time kick return man?

    If you are returning kicks it usualy means your opponent just scored on you

    you don't remember jakk stroud(sp)
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    i will agree with parcells in one way - it is clear wilson is a super talent and i think the giants should do a better job of putting the ball in his hands anyway they can. That said coughlin knows all backs MUST protect Eli - b/c unlike any other injury he is the one guy we can't win without (jpp a far second).

    Still - either from the slot - on a bubble screen or in the backfield i do think they gotta get this kid the ball. He's gonna be a huge playmaker - For now I stay patient.
    One of the reasons I'd slot him........I do not trust him yet to be Eli's bodyguard either.......I do trust Brown.......I fear Bradshaw with his damaged neck could suffer a catastrophic injury. Bradshaw looked pretty rugged against the Eagles so maybe he's ok but as someone who was once paralyzed and required surgery to excise the offending disk, I'm probably more dubious than most about that condition

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Brown came in once Bradshaw went down around the middle of the 2nd half. I'd say it helps when the defense is already worn down a tad and then they have to adjust to a more physical, downhill runner. Don't forget that we were playing catch up and that the defense was looking to defend the pass more so than the run at that time.

    My main point though is that getting excited over Brown's performance in the Carolina game is a little premature considering that their defense allows 138 yards on average against the run. They're notorious for having decent ability to get to the passer but having near abysmal levels of run defense. They were one of the teams responsible for giving the Saints RBs such nice padded stats in previous years.
    Your point, and I remember having similar arguments who refused to believe Victor Cruz early success was for real, is that you want to keep Bradshaw out there doing his 37 yds per game thing.......I'm fine with you making your point......it is well taken

    If it makes you feel better, ok lets go with the 37 yard guy
    Last edited by BParcells777; 10-05-2012 at 09:08 PM.

  7. #57
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    Posts
    10,134
    Wow, I'm not sure I'm on board with most of this and I don't think that I have the inclination to respond adequately....

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Your point, and I remember having similar arguments who refused to believe Victor Cruz early success was for real, is that you want to keep Bradshaw out there doing his 37 yds per game thing.......I'm fine with you making your point......it is well taken
    Where did I ever say that in my post? Oh right...I didn't. Thank you though for stating my opinion on the subject to the rest of the MB. If you really want to know my stance on the issue (which I thought personally was pretty clear), I'm just not ready to anoint him as an established starter on this roster yet because of a few questionable games. When he shows up and has a 100+ yard performance and 5.0+ YPC average against a GOOD defense, then I'll consider getting on the wagon.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Wow, I'm not sure I'm on board with most of this and I don't think that I have the inclination to respond adequately....
    What is there to be on board with?.........we have this ridiculous talent in Wilson and our coaches do not seem to have the imagination or backbone to put him on the field

    Come on.......there has to be some way to have him doing more than return kicks........although in all my years of watching the Giants I've never seena guy who is better at it.

    I remember we did have a guy who was good at it- was it Hixon? But he was not durable enough to keep it up

  10. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    you don't remember jakk stroud(sp)
    He is jakkstroud. Notice the infatuation with backups.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts