+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 more out 4 more need to step up

Veteran

4 more out 4 more need to step up

With Bernard, Hosley - Barden and Phillips now ruled out (profootballtalk.com) we have another chance for some players to step up - so who gets the looks.

Bernard - Without the big fella - Richardson has to be foaming at the mouth a bit (although he is not practicing due to his wifes pregnancy but playing on sunday). So who steps in? Kuhn and Austin. Neither have looked special in limited snaps but we will get a good look this Sunday at both of them. Although there is also the chance that they move JPP inside at times and maybe tuck too.

Phillips - Stevie Brown was good in the box last week - its his coverage down field thats a question. If the browns follow other teams and try to get the ball out quick this may not matter much Sunday - not to mention the browns Wideouts are banged up and not very deep.

Barden - Randle obviously gets a shot as a rookie here to be the number three - but while he has looked very good as a return man - the game seems a little to fast for him RIGHT NOW as a wideout. It will slow down and he will catch up - but is he ready week 5? Don't be surprised if Jernigan gets a shot too. I would think Bennett and the Hynoceros see some targets as well.

Hosley - Again this mean more Will Hill in the slot - kid can play and he will definitely be coming on a couple nickel blitzes.

NEXT MAN UP/.

YAY WE HAVE ONE FREAKING HEALTHY CORNER NOW... seriously hope Prince stays baller and freaking Coe can step it up, because Webster sure as hell won't...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Time for Marvin Austin to show something.......anything.

Veteran
    After years of C Webster being a very good corner its surprising how quickly fans can turn on a guy. When are NFL fans gonna learn to look at a whole body of work and not just a few games.

Austin is only in his first year (technically 2nd) but due to injury he hasnt seen the field till this year and that is after the 1 year suspension as well - 2 Years off the field takes some time to come back to form. Give him a chance.

All-Pro
    Yeah the DT position is scary right now. Joseph is a beast. After that hey have a rookie and a guy who played a few snaps for the 1st time in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    After years of C Webster being a very good corner its surprising how quickly fans can turn on a guy. When are NFL fans gonna learn to look at a whole body of work and not just a few games.
    When I look at a player in general I will consider the whole body of work. Webster did a lot for us over the years. But right now I care about beating Cleveland. Nothing else. And I don't know if it's his broken hand, or that he lost a step, or something else... but he's not going to help us beat Cleveland...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Veteran
    He absolutely will - C web will be facing a lower level receiving core and he should be a blanket out there and weeden will make mistakes.

Austin had like 6 snaps against the Eagles? The whole DT rotation played excellent last week in shutting down the run in their area. If Osi and a few others would of just trusted others to do their jobs and kept contain, we would be bragging about this Dline right now. It's really hard for teams to gel together when you have constant injuries and then people coming back into the lineup every week. It's like a revolving door at this point in the season and I can understand why the team looks worse than what we expected.

You know why teams like the 49ers are so good beyond talent? Most of the team is always healthy and able to form a chemistry that is rarely broken. We just don't have that fortune but where we are lucky is getting to see which depth players show promise and might be able to perform for us in the future as starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah the DT position is scary right now. Joseph is a beast. After that hey have a rookie and a guy who played a few snaps for the 1st time in 3 years.
    I am hoping Kuhn shows some big run stopping ability. I think the kid has a high motor and needs to learn more and more....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    He absolutely will - C web will be facing a lower level receiving core and he should be a blanket out there and weeden will make mistakes.
    I hope so I'm a big Webster fan but he has given up big plays this season. I have no idea what is wrong but he needs to fix it fast.

+ Reply to Thread