+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've figured out the problem with the offensive line

All-Pro
    The OL is not fine. They do a better job at pass blocking but have been struggling to block well when running the ball for over a year now. For every run you want to blame Bradshaw for not going the right way you can blame the OL 5 times for having defenders almost take the hand off from Eli. They ran the ball well playing from behind against Tampa and then hers are not a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    For most of the season, the Giants offensive line has attempted to set up their blocks according to how Gilbride has been drawing up the plays.

Now, this approach might be all well and good for a running back that is going to stay with the play (please refer to Andre Brown v. Bucs and Carolina).

However, what the offensive line really needs to do is set up their blocks according to where they think Ahmad Bradshaw is going to be running.

For example, had they done that at the end of the game v. Philly, there's a good chance Bradshaw would have busted off 5 or 6 yards. Who knows?

Anyway, I think we should be set up for Cleveland's defense if they can work this into the gameplan.
    How about giving more carries to Brown who runs downhill and is more explosive than Bradshaw. I'm not saying to take Bradshaw out completely, just give more carries to Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I was just kidding around.....your comments were really my point.

gotcha. yeah i agree i mean the run blocking hasn't been great, but he really needs to trust the play more. its getting ridiculous

Drafts for the last ten years... Any early rounders? No. So whats the question?

The Eagles spent more time in the Backfield than Brown did last game. The interior of this line has to step it up. Bradshaw is going nowhere if he is greeted by a 300 lb lineman just after he gets the ball handed to him, that did happen. The Browns have some LARGE DTs (330+) which really worries me. I'm not sure if Baas will be able to handle that...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    The Eagles spent more time in the Backfield than Brown did last game. The interior of this line has to step it up. Bradshaw is going nowhere if he is greeted by a 300 lb lineman just after he gets the ball handed to him, that did happen. The Browns have some LARGE DTs (330+) which really worries me. I'm not sure if Baas will be able to handle that...
    he seemed to do a good job against Woofolk(sp) in the superbowl
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The OL is not fine. They do a better job at pass blocking but have been struggling to block well when running the ball for over a year now. For every run you want to blame Bradshaw for not going the right way you can blame the OL 5 times for having defenders almost take the hand off from Eli. They ran the ball well playing from behind against Tampa and then hers are not a good team.
    In life, you going to have weaknesses and strengths. This is why I get on some posters when they talk about execution like it is automatic. Well it is not cause the play can be executed well and still fail cause the play does not hide the weakness or the opposition's defensive play was the better one.

We also have to look at our players. Reese is not going to get that pefect team. Sometimes we have luck and that can work against you. We also have Novice players as wellso it is hard to say that the O-line is not doing a good job especially when you have five main blockers and no help can make things harder.

Banned
    Ahmad Bradshaw adjusts his runs because he iz not getting the lanes and the blocks required from the offensive line. Heck, we are even having problems with snapping the ball properly.This O line has been a problem for the past few seasons and they are now at their absolute worst.I bELIeve.

At our core the problem is that we just don't have the talent. Our best OL Snee is only above average at this point in his career. Our average guys are below average NFL grade OL (Baas and Beatty). Our bottom guys are downright scary at times and below average NFL linemen (Diehl, Boothe, Locklear, Petrus and Brewer). We need considerable overhaul but that won't happen until the offseason.

In the meantime, I agree that Bradshaw could help as Brown did with a more decisive forthright running style.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Lockler has been awesome Jomo imo
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 10-06-2012 at 12:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread