+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've figured out the problem with the offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Lockler has been awesome Jomo imo
    You are right, especially given how we got him. I was just a roll and reached a bit. Allow me to remain frightened of Diehl, Boothe and Petrus with nothing special reviews on the rest.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Beatty is quietly putting together a really nice season. He finally got the Trent Cole monkey off of his back last week and I'm really looking forward to see him battle Aldon Smith when we go to SF.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    You are right, especially given how we got him. I was just a roll and reached a bit. Allow me to remain frightened of Diehl, Boothe and Petrus with nothing special reviews on the rest.
    i agreed with everything else u wrote tho. how would u fix the OL? draft? FA? both? we def/ need an influx of young talent

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i agreed with everything else u wrote tho. how would u fix the OL? draft? FA? both? we def/ need an influx of young talent
    It is probably a multi year project. We need to reload with projects on the practice squad that have more upside than our current crop. I think if we can find a stud at LG in free agency, we can muddle through with the rest for another year. However we need to begin reloading our depth immediately because Snee and Diehl and Locklear and Baas, now 31 will all need to be replaced. that can happen through the draft and prehaps mid level FA signings.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    I completely agree with the OP, it makes perfect sense to me. Each of our offensive linemen need to figure out how to read Bradshaw's mind. Once that is out of the way, they can can learn to read the minds of opposing defensive linemen to know in advance what type of dance moves they plan on using to try to get past them on a pass rush.

I'm emailing Coughlin right now. Thanks OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    gotcha. yeah i agree i mean the run blocking hasn't been great, but he really needs to trust the play more. its getting ridiculous
    Bradshaw bailed on his blocking on the most important running play of the game......that's not according to me.....that's according to Carl Banks, who said there was a nice gain there for the taking if Bradshaw stuck with his blocks.

So instead of maybe 2nd and 3 and a field goal of under 40 yards, it's 2nd and long.

My point is that Bradshaw makes the offensive line look much worse than it really is. I think the line is fine.

Back when Bradshaw had explosiveness and cutback ability, his helter-skelter running style could be understood.

I feel like I'm watching an aging pitcher that has lost his fastball, but still wants to challenge the sluggers with high heat.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-06-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    I completely agree with the OP, it makes perfect sense to me. Each of our offensive linemen need to figure out how to read Bradshaw's mind. Once that is out of the way, they can can learn to read the minds of opposing defensive linemen to know in advance what type of dance moves they plan on using to try to get past them on a pass rush.

I'm emailing Coughlin right now. Thanks OP.
    The same line that made Andre Brown look like Arian Foster?.....the same line that gave up zero sacks v. Philly? Okay, gotcha.

All-Pro
    Don't forget that Bradshaw played most of the game and he had something to do win Eli not getting sacked.

Posters talk about we need to do this and we need to do that but I say inorder to do some things, the team needs to have a bad record so they can get some of the players in the high rounds. Giants had so much success in past seasons that most of the time they are in the late or middle rounds. They haven't had a real early round since they drafted Rivers I think. There are going to be some players in the high rounds with a lot of talent and they are going to go early.

Another thing we have to look at is prepare our young talent. We need to start doing that even if we have a bad season. It is time to get Randle going and maybe Barden. These guys along with Wilson at rb hopefully can give us more talent than teams can handle. I think that the Giants maybe should move up and get a big prospect at O-line a star our backs can run behind to give the Giants a power running game you guys love.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Beatty is quietly putting together a really nice season. He finally got the Trent Cole monkey off of his back last week and I'm really looking forward to see him battle Aldon Smith when we go to SF.
    Beatty is the only bright spot on our offensive line now that Snee is hurt

+ Reply to Thread