+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 112

Thread: Giants' Osi Umenyiora challenges Brown's RB Trent Richardson

  1. #61
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,642
    The best cliche' to use in this whole battle of the mouths thing with Osi is 'put up or shut up'. Let us see what happens on the field. If the D-line fails to hold Trent Richardson to some meager yardage I think they should all wear t-shirts that say 'T. Rich is my daddy!'

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's amazing that he would say anything after his non-performance against the Eagles
    +1

    His act is getting real old, real fast . . . .

  3. #63
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,330
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    You could be right.

    what struck me as the insulting part in what he said was "no doing all this juking and that, one move and go," what is he trying to say here? our DE's are that undisciplined that just one cuts and they are in the dust? or they are easy to break away from. I would be fired up if i heard this verbatum as a Defensive player, from a rookie no less.
    Just saying
    Being fired up and being able to silence Richardson on the field are two different things. Are we saying we weren't fired up for the Eagles? McCoy made them look like amateurs in the second half.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #64
    When Osi makes a major contribution to manhandling a less talented team like the Browns the way that they should be manhandled, then he can talk as much as he wants!
    Until then, he should just zip it, because the Giants track record of playing WAY down to lesser opponents, and allowing marginal QB's to have career days, has been too much the trend for him to say ANYTHING.
    There is even less of an excuse for how invisible the Giants pass rush has been, because......... of all the injuries plagueing the Giants, the Defensive Front is intact and more healthy than any other group on the team .
    This Defense has got to put an end to heart attack moments and wipe the floor with the Browns....period!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 10-06-2012 at 09:44 AM.

  5. #65
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,242
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    When Osi makes a major contribution to manhandling a less talented team like the Browns the way that they should be manhandled, then he can talk as much as he wants!
    Until then, he should just zip it, because the Giants track record of playing WAY down to lesser opponents, and allowing marginal QB's to have career days has been too much the trend for him to say ANYTHING.
    There is ZERO excuse for how invisible the Giants pass rush has been, because of all the injuries plagueing the Giants, the Defensive Front is intact and more healthy than it's ever been 4 weeks into the season.
    This Defense has got to put an end to heart attack moments and wipe the floor with the Browns....period!
    +1

  6. #66
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    25,057
    whatever....just play the game......
    he responded to the comment that Richardson said he can get yards on the Giants if he just satys in his lanes and makes strong runs. So Osi said if he sees some candy then he can try and go get it.
    Once again this board gets all crazy over the littlest comments....

    Osi has to play better of course but what he said is really no big deal....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    He also been negatively influencing other defensive players attitudes too. I really wish we would have traded him to. Baltimore before the season began when they offerred a second and a third round pick for him.
    Wait now he is negatively influencing other players attitudes?? Please provide one, just one example of this. Are you trying to say Osi is the reason Tuck is constantly seen on the sideline sulking like a little girl.

    You guys are amazing. Where do your come up with this stuff?

  8. #68
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,242
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    whatever....just play the game......
    he responded to the comment that Richardson said he can get yards on the Giants if he just satys in his lanes and makes strong runs. So Osi said if he sees some candy then he can try and go get it.
    Once again this board gets all crazy over the littlest comments....

    Osi has to play better of course but what he said is really no big deal....
    It's a big deal because he's shown us nothing so far.

  9. #69
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    25,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's a big deal because he's shown us nothing so far.
    Its still BS to me. Besides Osi was speaking for the whole D and not just himself. He is teeling Richardson to go for it. Big deal.
    Osi not playing well vs the run is not secret so this being a big deal that he is telling TR to go for it is as usual blow WAY out of proportion.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #70
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,242
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Its still BS to me. Besides Osi was speaking for the whole D and not just himself. He is teeling Richardson to go for it. Big deal.
    Osi not playing well vs the run is not secret so this being a big deal that he is telling TR to go for it is as usual blow WAY out of proportion.
    You just made my point. Osi doesn't play well against the run, so why would you bait Trent Richardson? That doesn't make any sense. Regardless of if he was speaking for the whole D, that STILL doesn't make any sense. Justin Tuck is moody, JPP isn't having fun, Bernard is out, our secondary is questionable, and Osi has yet to play up to par. Didn't Osi say he was gonna get 4 sacks last week or something? Sorry, but I disagree with you.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts