+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Osi Umenyiora challenges Brown's RB Trent Richardson

Im not sure why some people are bashing JPP like hes dogging it. The guy is a monster and gives 110% on every play. Do you guys not see him making plays? Do you watch the games? Sacks aren't the ONLY stat that reflects production.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    yeah...OR...we just want Osi and the rest of the talkers to just shut up and play.
    agreed! All the talkers.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Im not sure why some people are bashing JPP like hes dogging it. The guy is a monster and gives 110% on every play. Do you guys not see him making plays? Do you watch the games? Sacks aren't the ONLY stat that reflects production.
    Cause he's not producing to the level he was last year, No one is bashing JPP, bashing is such a strong misused word for objective criticism. i saw some plays on regulars replay and all 22 where he couldn't fight off one blocker, I can list them for you and times if you like.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    although he says he's not having fun, this guy is a playmaker, you ALWAYS hear his called during every game.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Cause he's not producing to the level he was last year, No one is bashing JPP, bashing is such a strong misused word for objective criticism. i saw some plays on regulars replay and all 22 where he couldn't fight off one blocker, I can list them for you and times if you like.
    u have to be careful tho and know what ur looking at. a lot of times a DE will use a stack n shed, and it can look as if the DE is being blocked by one guy but in reality the DE is allowing the OL to get the hands on him so he can "stack" them, and then "shed" him. JPP does it almost every play that isnt a clear 3rd and long or when he uses a speed rush bc its effective vs the run. so yeah...and i dont think JPP is playing at a lower level at all. Teams are clearly focsuing on him and chipping him every chance they get. he still has a couple of sacks. when tuck n osi come around, JPP will get more sacks obviously but JPP has been a BEAST vs the run and even vs the pass w/ his batted balls/pressures. sack numbers are lower at the moment but that can change in a 3 sack game, everything else numbers wise is at the same level

Quote Originally Posted by embeshAtYa View Post
    picturing osi loose contain and trying desperately to find a good angle while being toasted
    Just watch last week's game, no imagination required
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    u have to be careful tho and know what ur looking at. a lot of times a DE will use a stack n shed, and it can look as if the DE is being blocked by one guy but in reality the DE is allowing the OL to get the hands on him so he can "stack" them, and then "shed" him. JPP does it almost every play that isnt a clear 3rd and long or when he uses a speed rush bc its effective vs the run. so yeah...and i dont think JPP is playing at a lower level at all. Teams are clearly focsuing on him and chipping him every chance they get. he still has a couple of sacks. when tuck n osi come around, JPP will get more sacks obviously but JPP has been a BEAST vs the run and even vs the pass w/ his batted balls/pressures. sack numbers are lower at the moment but that can change in a 3 sack game, everything else numbers wise is at the same level
    I know what i am looking at.
    There are some clear instances where the pass is imminent and he doesn't shed the block, he tries but he's blocked. I think back to the game against the cowboys where he manhandled Smith, he did not do much of that last game. Sacks are nice, but i'm more looking for QB pressure, containment, batting down passes and disrupting lanes.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

IM wit it...it cant hurt. Last week he didn't talk **** with McCoy and he played like ****...maybe this will result in something different.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Notorious B.I.G BLUE View Post
    IM wit it...it cant hurt. Last week he didn't talk **** with McCoy and he played like ****...maybe this will result in something different.
    He said he was gonna put up 4 sacks last week, I think its time he and everyone else for that matter shut up and put up.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    yeah...OR...we just want Osi and the rest of the talkers to just shut up and play.
    A ****ing men
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread