+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Osi Umenyiora challenges Brown's RB Trent Richardson

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    A ****ing men
    I think this is the first time i've ever see you post a curse word on the boards. Put the whiskey down! :P

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Osi reminds me of this chick I used to date....she'd flip the bird to people on the highway, and then I'd get in the fight.
    thats funny. Her name wasn't Tina, as it?

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I think this is the first time i've ever see you post a curse word on the boards. Put the whiskey down! :P
    Only when I know the filter will catch it lol

I can live with the injury situation because we have so little control over that. But the DLine coming up as flat as they have just drives me crazy. Someone else said earlier Blackburn leads in sacks. I'm not sure it's true but it would not surprise me. Maybe tomorrow they just tell Stevie Brown BLITZ when you're on the field.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    lmao yeah cause Osi's play has been stellar this season...no but seriously people just don't want him to start. Osi is better at 3rd and longs that is it.
    Its not that we dont appreciate his contribution. He is a really good against the pass. Any team would want him.

But we have the deepest pass rush defense in the NFL. And Osi has NEVER been too good against the run. Cause he appears to be is always pass rushing, and over-committing to mobile QBs. Plus he never shuts up. Dont matter as he will be gone next year.

Anyway, I hope he get another ring this year!!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    u have to be careful tho and know what ur looking at. a lot of times a DE will use a stack n shed, and it can look as if the DE is being blocked by one guy but in reality the DE is allowing the OL to get the hands on him so he can "stack" them, and then "shed" him. JPP does it almost every play that isnt a clear 3rd and long or when he uses a speed rush bc its effective vs the run. so yeah...and i dont think JPP is playing at a lower level at all. Teams are clearly focsuing on him and chipping him every chance they get. he still has a couple of sacks. when tuck n osi come around, JPP will get more sacks obviously but JPP has been a BEAST vs the run and even vs the pass w/ his batted balls/pressures. sack numbers are lower at the moment but that can change in a 3 sack game, everything else numbers wise is at the same level
    Yeah I agree JPP is on pace for another 80 tackle season(he has 17 already). So he is stopping the run when it is coming his way and making the tackle if some else misses containment. He also already had two pass defenses when all of last year he had 7. He is doing this even when he is doubled team and teams are building the way the play offense around him.That is pretty damn impressive for a defensive end all he has to do is get his sack numbers up and like you said they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Its not that we dont appreciate his contribution. He is a really good against the pass. Any team would want him.

But we have the deepest pass rush defense in the NFL. And Osi has NEVER been too good against the run. Cause he appears to be is always pass rushing, and over-committing to mobile QBs. Plus he never shuts up. Dont matter as he will be gone next year.

Anyway, I hope he get another ring this year!!
    lol no I was being sarcastic but I gotcha ya.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Only when I know the filter will catch it lol

I can live with the injury situation because we have so little control over that. But the DLine coming up as flat as they have just drives me crazy. Someone else said earlier Blackburn leads in sacks. I'm not sure it's true but it would not surprise me. Maybe tomorrow they just tell Stevie Brown BLITZ when you're on the field.
    Chase and Osi are both tied for the most sacks on the team with 2. If I remember correctly both of Osi's sacks were gifts(Vick gimme, and him getting pushed into Cam) so essentially Chase is leading the team in sacks. JPP has 1.5 sacks, and Tuck has 0 sacks. Our "pass rush" makes me want to vomit.

Osi calling out a ruunning back is the biggest freaking joke there is. Richardson will run right over Osi, that is, of course, assuming that Osi actually positions himself to stop a running play. It's like Tyron calling out Calvin Johnson before a game or something.

Last thing osi needs to be doing is challenging any NFL Rbs right now

All-Pro
    I think there is way to much talking by this team and they can't even back it up.

+ Reply to Thread