+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Osi Umenyiora challenges Brown's RB Trent Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If he plays the Browns as he played the Eagles he's going to look like a clown.
    He already looks like a clown. Goodness Osi, you better be on your A game.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Very disrespectful comments about Osi in this thread. You'd think helping the Giants win 2 SB's in 5 years would warrant a modicum of gratitude.

A lot of you guys deserve to be Jets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Very disrespectful comments about Osi in this thread. You'd think helping the Giants win 2 SB's in 5 years would warrant a modicum of gratitude.

lmao yeah cause Osi's play has been stellar this season...no but seriously people just don't want him to start. Osi is better at 3rd and longs that is it.

picturing osi loose contain and trying desperately to find a good angle while being toasted

Veteran
    Because Tucks play has been stellar as well, or JPP's, or Kiwi. They are all sucking wind right now.
    Kiwi said "If he proves it, I'll shake his hand and tap him on the butt, If he doesn't, I expect never to hear from him again."
    Tuck said "I think I have 3. But I don't have enough. I pretty much suck."
    JPPsaid "I'm not having that fun I'm used to," "I’ve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that you’re out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year."
    ( not full quotes)

They all did not produce, Osi had a sack but that gets quickly negated, because he over pursued on a couple of plays and we got torched for big scramble plays or runs. I hate it as well, I was screaming at the T.V. "Osi WTF! I backed your *** against posters, fans and rival fans all year do something!!!" If it was that everyone was producing and Osi didn't, fine I would agree, but they ALL suck.
    Personally, I think alot of posters on here who disagreed, with the way things turned out with osi in the past and this organization. Still harbor hate towards him, and are banking on him not having a productive season, so they can say I told you so or make multiple threads about how right they were, we should of traded him, or released him. That's fine and I am not here to question anyone's fan hood, but be fair across the board, is all i am saying. Tuck got ran on as well, JPP arguably is doing the bulk of the work yes, but he is still not getting the pressure he used to get. remember Osi is not getting full-time starter reps, his reps has been cut i believe. I think Offenses are better prepared this year for our pas rush, they are doing things on the Line preventing us from Teeing off on them, That plus we are not gaining leads in the first half for the D-line to pin their ears back. Plus our secondary is suspect, so we cannot be too crazy with blitzes.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 10-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Like everyone has been saying Osi cannot play run contain and that is 100% true. From what I've seen from Tuck (yes his attitude sucks) he was beat only on one play Sunday night. To me it said a lot that the Eagles ran it to Osi side almost everytime the decided to run. They were even faking Osi out they were giving him a free release cause they knew he wouldn't play containment. The fact is Osi shouldn't be starting and shouldn't be in there in run plays. The only time Osi plays great is when he can just come in and rush the passer like he did last year. Now this week my be different cause he Brandon Weeden isn't exactly mobile, but when you play mobile qb and possibly the best rb you have to play containment first which Osi didn't. Osi along with Tuck should just shut up a play football.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 10-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.

i agree elicruzzz. i said a few days ago that i thought tuck had a decent game, certainly not as bad as osi's night. he made a few plays vs the run game, got the edge on a pass rush or two but it was osi they targeted for a majority of their yards iirc

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Like everyone has been saying Osi cannot play run contain and that is 100% true. From what I've seen from Tuck (yes his attitude sucks) he was beat only on one play Sunday night. To me it said a lot that the Eagles ran it to Osi side almost everytime the decided to run. They were even faking Osi out they were giving him a free release cause they knew he wouldn't play containment. The fact is Osi shouldn't be starting and shouldn't be in there in run plays. The only time Osi plays great is when he can just come in and rush the passer like he did last year. Now this week my be different cause he Brandon Weeden isn't exactly mobile, but when you play mobile qb and possibly the best rb you have to play containment first which Osi didn't. Osi along with Tuck should just shut up a play football.
    Osi is not starting.
    No one knows what the plays are until it is snapped, so to say Osi shouldn't be in on run plays, is almost saying Osi shouldn't be in at all. Because QB's can audible into a run play or the play can initially be that.
    We all know Osi is a speed rusher, and he is not good against the run, we knew this back in 07, why is it a surprise now?
    "Osi along with Tuck should just shut up a play football. " this I agree with.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post

such a dumb comment.. so because he helped us win 2 sbs in the last few years we should give him a pass now that he won't shut up and doesn't come to play.. you know what.. **** you and your 'jets fans' mentality.. we need osi to play.. if we could just be a disciplined DE we wouldn't be talking about him.. i dont care if he doesnt have another sack in the season as long as he doesn't allow all those long runs and cutbacks his side of the defense..

he *****es and moans, gets his god damn contract, talks **** more than any other giants player in recent history and when it comes to game time, he disappears and gets completely run over..

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Because Tucks play has been stellar as well, or JPP's, or Kiwi. They are all sucking wind right now.
    Kiwi said "If he proves it, I'll shake his hand and tap him on the butt, If he doesn't, I expect never to hear from him again."
    Tuck said "I think I have 3. But I don't have enough. I pretty much suck."
    JPPsaid "I'm not having that fun I'm used to," "I’ve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that you’re out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year."
    ( not full quotes)

They all did not produce, Osi had a sack but that gets quickly negated, because he over pursued on a couple of plays and we got torched for big scramble plays or runs. I hate it as well, I was screaming at the T.V. "Osi WTF! I backed your *** against posters, fans and rival fans all year do something!!!" If it was that everyone was producing and Osi didn't, fine I would agree, but they ALL suck.
    Personally, I think alot of posters on here who disagreed, with the way things turned out with osi in the past and this organization. Still harbor hate towards him, and are banking on him not having a productive season, so they can say I told you so or make multiple threads about how right they were, we should of traded him, or released him. That's fine and I am not here to question anyone's fan hood, but be fair across the board, is all i am saying. Tuck got ran on as well, JPP arguably is doing the bulk of the work yes, but he is still not getting the pressure he used to get. remember Osi is not getting full-time starter reps, his reps has been cut i believe. I think Offenses are better prepared this year for our pas rush, they are doing things on the Line preventing us from Teeing off on them, That plus we are not gaining leads in the first half for the D-line to pin their ears back. Plus our secondary is suspect, so we cannot be too crazy with blitzes.
    yeah...OR...we just want Osi and the rest of the talkers to just shut up and play.

+ Reply to Thread