+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ust_block.html

Excerpt: "The Giants planned that running backs Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown would split the snaps, and carries, at about 50/50 last week against the Philadelphia Eagles.

But Bradshaw played 58 of the 68 offensive snaps. Brown was in on just nine and had five carries for 14 yards.

On Thursday, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride gave the simple answer: The Giants donít trust Brown enough in pass protection, and they had been forced to throw more than they had planned.

Brown knows thatís the case and is looking to improve as a pass blocker." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

yea. ..cant pass block, cant play. time to get it togeter AB #2

im getting fed up with gilbride and coughlin carping about how every back except bradshaw cant block. its ridiculous

i kinda agree, vs philly, KG has a point. but he cant pull that excuse vs Cleveland imho...give Brown a shot in pass protection, he did well vs TB when we had to make that epic comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    im getting fed up with gilbride and coughlin carping about how every back except bradshaw cant block. its ridiculous
    you're right. Lets just let ELI get murdered in the backfield....

TC and KG are protecting their greatest asset. that is all.

Either they suck at blocking, which is inherently up to coaching (ala their faults) or they really dont and are just giving fluffy answers to excuse themselves of playing favorites

I'm sorry but sometimes I think KG thinks way to much. From what I've seen of Brown he is not that bad a pass protection.Also Bradshaw will not be here forever at some point you are going to have to trust some else with the pass protection. I mean really KG excuse is that we had to throw the ball more?? We were down by a TD that was it. I personally think he gave up to early on Brown. I'm not saying Bradshaw shouldn't start but at least trust him with the carries and if he is carrying the ball he not pass protecting so.....

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Either they suck at blocking, which is inherently up to coaching (ala their faults) or they really dont and are just giving fluffy answers to excuse themselves of playing favorites
    so our backup RB's inability to block is the fault of coaching staff. I see

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    you're right. Lets just let ELI get murdered in the backfield....

TC and KG are protecting their greatest asset. that is all.
    You might be right, I'm just annoyed with it. Wilson cant play back there because he cant pass block. Now Brown apparently can't pass block. its just fristrating and I find it hard to imagine that backs like AP in his first year, Trent Richardsons first year, Doug Martin this year, etc. are really that much better at pass blocking than Wilson and Brown that their teams will let them get extended playing time and ours wont. It seems like a cop out

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    so our backup RB's inability to block is the fault of coaching staff. I see
    yupp nobody learned him good
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

+ Reply to Thread