+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I'm sorry but sometimes I think KG thinks way to much. From what I've seen of Brown he is not that bad a pass protection.Also Bradshaw will not be here forever at some point you are going to have to trust some else with the pass protection. I mean really KG excuse is that we had to throw the ball more?? We were down by a TD that was it. I personally think he gave up to early on Brown. I'm not saying Bradshaw shouldn't start but at least trust him with the carries and if he is carrying the ball he not pass protecting so.....
    Look I agree, I want to see brown get more carries too...but not at the expense of Eli. I trust KG and his judgement.

The only concern I have here with KG is that I hope he doesn't expect Brown or Wilson to be as good at pass protection as Bradshaw is. That is a ridiculously high bar to set and one that most RBs in this league can't even reach. Brown could use a little more improvement but he looks like after another game or two of experience with it, that he would be ready for a larger role in the offense.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    You might be right, I'm just annoyed with it. Wilson cant play back there because he cant pass block. Now Brown apparently can't pass block. its just fristrating and I find it hard to imagine that backs like AP in his first year, Trent Richardsons first year, Doug Martin this year, etc. are really that much better at pass blocking than Wilson and Brown that their teams will let them get extended playing time and ours wont. It seems like a cop out
    if Wilson and Brown want more carries....they need to earn it...Eli will not be injured at their expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I'm sorry but sometimes I think KG thinks way to much. From what I've seen of Brown he is not that bad a pass protection.Also Bradshaw will not be here forever at some point you are going to have to trust some else with the pass protection. I mean really KG excuse is that we had to throw the ball more?? We were down by a TD that was it. I personally think he gave up to early on Brown. I'm not saying Bradshaw shouldn't start but at least trust him with the carries and if he is carrying the ball he not pass protecting so.....
    Thank you. I think what KG meant to say was Coughlin told him to go with Bradshaw because he likes him better for no more of a reason other than hes loyal to veterans. simple.

Sounds like a coaching problem, time to earn your pay Gilbride....Fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    im getting fed up with gilbride and coughlin carping about how every back except bradshaw cant block. its ridiculous
    You think they're lying?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Sounds like a coaching problem, time to earn your pay Gilbride....Fix it!
    lol. How is Browns below average blocking skills the fault of gilbride. I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    if Wilson and Brown want more carries....they need to earn it...Eli will not be injured at their expense.
    I havent seen any specific plays where Brown has completely blown the coverage. Or Wilson for that matter. Have you?

I know what everyone will say "No, but we arent the coaches we dont see these guys in practice and we dont analyze the film as much yada yada yada"
    I know...I just would rather see Brown and Wilson get more touches. Kind of like how 5 years ago I was super hyped on Bradshaw and couldnt wait to see him get more touches.

Its just a natural cycle and we should start it sooner than later the way our running game has been going...

"Bradshaw played 58 of the 68 offensive snaps. Brown was in on just nine and had five carries for 14 yards.".................so much for "They are both going to get equal snaps theory"

Sometimes the Giants coaches really want to make you pull your hair out.........they had all kinds of machinations about how Cruz was not ready for prime time too..........they had to be bludgeoned and dragged to starting Cruz by relentless injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Look I agree, I want to see brown get more carries too...but not at the expense of Eli. I trust KG and his judgement.
    Yeah but if your going to throw it I agree Bradshaw should be in there but if your going to run it, let them split the carries. I know Eli sometimes changes the play to pass but at some point you have to chance it.

+ Reply to Thread