+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    The only concern I have here with KG is that I hope he doesn't expect Brown or Wilson to be as good at pass protection as Bradshaw is. That is a ridiculously high bar to set and one that most RBs in this league can't even reach. Brown could use a little more improvement but he looks like after another game or two of experience with it, that he would be ready for a larger role in the offense.
    Exactly ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You think they're lying?
    No. I just think at this point its worth the gamble to spark our running game. maybe we need to put a TE in to chip on the side of interest...something other than keeping Brown and Wilson to under 5 touches

Thanks god a few people agree here, I thought maybe I was going to be the only one.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    im getting fed up with gilbride and coughlin carping about how every back except bradshaw cant block. its ridiculous
    Right. Protecting the QB is so over rated.

Ok, you guys got me. I am really forgetting that it is important to protect Eli Manning......

red font

All-Pro
    Well then why are you disputing what KG said?

im getting fed up with gilbride and coughlin carping about how every back except bradshaw cant block. its ridiculous
    When Bradshaw got his shot, he would always miss his blocking assignments because he was always too busy looking for a screen pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Well then why are you disputing what KG said?
    lol I think he was kidding Buddy.

All-Pro
    I thought he was being sarcastic.

I havent seen any specific plays where Brown has completely blown the coverage. Or Wilson for that matter. Have you?

I know what everyone will say "No, but we arent the coaches we dont see these guys in practice and we dont analyze the film as much yada yada yada"
    I know...I just would rather see Brown and Wilson get more touches. Kind of like how 5 years ago I was super hyped on Bradshaw and couldnt wait to see him get more touches.

Its just a natural cycle and we should start it sooner than later the way our running game has been going...
    There were a couple of scary whiffs. Dont remember which game they were in. I even feel like I remember one for a sack. All in all e didnt do terrible in protection while Bradshaw was out. It only takes one good whiff though.

+ Reply to Thread