+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Imagine if the Giants did this:

Prince and Hosley start
    Ojomo and JPP starting DE's
    Randle starting #2...#3(with Nicks healthy)
    Adrien Robinson gets at least 5-10 plays a game
    No Carr, Perrilloux for the #2
    Wilson Starts

That would never happen and in some positions isnt the best idea, but I think it would be pretty cool,
    you know, see what kind of talent we have sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Exactly. They threw the ball a lot more than they ran the ball. That's why he was playing more. They also haven't run the ball well against the Eagles since the 1st game in 2008. The Eagles love to get after the QB. You don't leave Eli back there to get hit against the Eagles.
    I can use the same argument. The Eagles get after the QB well...so any RB that isnt extremely well versed in pass blocking isnt going to perform amazing. Also, since we havent run the ball well vs the Eagles since 2008 (which leaves Brahsaw and Jacobs as the two main backs to run against them in these past 4 years) why not go with a fresh look? Maybe Brown or Wilson have a certain skill set that would go after the weaknesses of Eagles Defense?

I dont think KG expects Brown to be a perfect blocker... but Im sure he finds completely whiffing on a block unacceptable which Brown did in the Carolina game. It was practically right after they were talking up how Eli hadnt been sacked since the Dallas game.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    No. I just think at this point its worth the gamble to spark our running game. maybe we need to put a TE in to chip on the side of interest...something other than keeping Brown and Wilson to under 5 touches
    But the "gamble" is Eli's ability to stay upright. Worth it?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    for the life of me I fail to see how a 113 yd running game does not take considerable pressure off the QB

you do not pin your ears back when you know the ball is being run through your vacated responsibility........well one guy does- Osi

How many sacks and pressures did we get in the second half when everyone was forced to stay home and stop McCoy?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    here we go with logic again
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    I would also like to see both guys get more PT...but I trust the coaching staff....

2 things bug the F out of Coughlin. Guys who fumble, and guys who cant block. If you can't be trusted in the backfield, then you're not gonna see significant playing time. Wilson was set to be the 50/50 guy until he fumbed wk 1. Both guys will see an increased role as time goes on, its just not gonna happen overnight.
    Great, so play conservative ball straight to last in the division.
    Got a gift last year winning div with such a crappy record. Not
    going to happen again.

Start running 2 back sets if thats what it takes
    to get these other RB's out there. Let Wilson chip and go out to the flats or
    take a screen. Get the ball out quick and Eli won't have to worry about a sack.
    Last edited by OX1; 10-05-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I meant gamble as in the running game. I'm saying we dont have to gamble in the pasing game if we employ other techniques which i have already described a few times.

But lets use your gamble as a pretense to another argument. In fact, yes I would like them to gamble. Taking chances and being vulnerable are paramount to unexpected success. EA gambled on Eli. Shoot, I gambled today betting on horses. Taking chances is a part of life and I think the payoff in this case is worth the *possibility* of Eli being pressured 1 or 2 more times a game.

just my $.02. At the end of the day I trust, for the most part, what the coaches are doing. As long as I'm entertained I'll gladly take the result. Entertainment is the name of the game after all, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    here we go with logic again
    It's a persistent flaw
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread