+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 146

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Didn't they win last year with a horrible running game?
    Once we got to the last 6 games of the season the running game jumped to one of the best in the NFL

  2. #62
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Didn't they win last year with a horrible running game?
    Yes, but eventually that time is going to run out. Live by the sword and die by the sword. They need to establish an effective running game at some point or eventually they will peter out. Doesn't mean a running game where they are game breakers but a game they will have to respect.

  3. #63
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    92,948
    Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Great, so play conservative ball straight to last in the division. Got a gift last year winning div with such a crappy record. Not going to happen again. Start running 2 back sets if thats what it takes to get these other RB's out there. Let Wilson chip and go out to the flats or take a screen. Get the ball out quick and Eli won't have to worry about a sack.
    Wilson hasn't shown he can catch a pass out of the backfield yet
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Wilson hasn't shown he can catch a pass out of the backfield yet
    and......

    Roger Craig only caught 16 in college and went on to become the most prolific NFL receiver out of the backfield in its history

    You have to throw a few his way to make this determination.....he caught quite a few in college

    I'm just trying to see if we can get him in to space from the LOS......its worth a try

  5. #65
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,306
    He also dropped a couple so far.

  6. #66
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    I would also like to see both guys get more PT...but I trust the coaching staff....

    2 things bug the F out of Coughlin. Guys who fumble, and guys who cant block. If you can't be trusted in the backfield, then you're not gonna see significant playing time. Wilson was set to be the 50/50 guy until he fumbed wk 1. Both guys will see an increased role as time goes on, its just not gonna happen overnight.
    I agree 100%. And like it or not, protecting Eli is HUGE for this team.

    I also would like to see Brown more, but I think especially against a D like the egals you have to go with the coach's decisions. I bet you see him a lot more this week.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Wilson hasn't shown he can catch a pass out of the backfield yet
    i dunno bout that, he hasnt really had an attempt in the backfield. that shovel play was more like a play action screen at the LOS...he did have that real nice reception vs chicago in the preseason. besides those, he's had a couple drops but iirc, when he was lined up out wide...

    its kinda funny. its like the chicken or the egg, some people want a rb to get the majority of carries to see what they can produce while others are saying they want to see him get 100 yds vs a good defense before they give him the majority of the carries. like lol, the only way a rb is gonna catch passes out of the backfield, or run for 100 yds, is if u give em a chance. imo we've give bradshaw tons of chances/opportunities...and he hasnt won everyone over, and thats bc of his play not winning everyone over...maybe its time someone else get the shot bradshaw got

  8. #68
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,994
    This article is a bunch of bull****. Gilbride has been ****ting the bed against the Eagles since Andre Brown was in high school.

    1-8 with Bradshaw against the Eagles.....give me break.

    Here's the newsflash: KEVIN GILBRIDE STINKS AGAINST THE EAGLES.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-06-2012 at 02:46 AM.

  9. #69
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Wilson hasn't shown he can catch a pass out of the backfield yet
    So what. The upside is huge when he gets one in space. It's not like he can't catch.
    Had no problem getting kickoffs and that is when you have to also keep an eye
    on getting hammered @ full speed.

    This is a player we have to develop as soon as possible. A running game can help
    solve our d rotation issue big time..........
    Last edited by OX1; 10-06-2012 at 06:05 AM.

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i dunno bout that, he hasnt really had an attempt in the backfield. that shovel play was more like a play action screen at the LOS...he did have that real nice reception vs chicago in the preseason. besides those, he's had a couple drops but iirc, when he was lined up out wide...

    its kinda funny. its like the chicken or the egg, some people want a rb to get the majority of carries to see what they can produce while others are saying they want to see him get 100 yds vs a good defense before they give him the majority of the carries. like lol, the only way a rb is gonna catch passes out of the backfield, or run for 100 yds, is if u give em a chance. imo we've give bradshaw tons of chances/opportunities...and he hasnt won everyone over, and thats bc of his play not winning everyone over...maybe its time someone else get the shot bradshaw got
    Bradshaw got a shot when our O-line wasn't crap. Imagine Wilson with that line.
    The only way your winning with all these injuries is to not to play conservative/scared.
    If we had everyone healthy, then play their game, but we don't. Need to figure
    out how to mix it up.
    Last edited by OX1; 10-06-2012 at 06:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts