+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

unless bradhsaw breaks his neck, Brown will not see more than 6 or 7 carries. Ask Tom why, maybe he will give you a logical answer...but likely he wont.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'd love to see it next week, but fat chance..... apparently Bradshaw is the second coming of Anthony Munoz....so they'll stick with the magic that has given us an 0-2 NFC East record.
    LOL .........that was hillarious

I see Bradshaw coming out when his foot falls off........literally you would have to see a foot in a shoe sitting on the field before Brown plays any significant minutes again

Quote Originally Posted by SackingMyths View Post
    I still can't believe how much overreacting there is to Andre's game against Carolina. He had a huge game, but it was against a team with a bottom-5 Run defense and pass rush. (Why doesn't that get taken into account?) And you know he had some extra juice playing in front of his hometown and family on a national stage. The coaches didn't overreact to it -- maybe we shouldn't either.

This over-inflated impressiveness of his performance -- as if he manhandled the Steel Curtain -- is just out of control. Carolina just let the extremely slow-footed (and that's generous) Michael Turner do this to them last week:

Rush: 13-103-7.9 YPC
    AND
    Receiving: 3-68-1TD (with a career best 60-yard catch and run...pathetic)

Carolina's D is bad. REALLY BAD. They've been making every running back look like a HOFer for the past 3 years.

I'm sure if the coaches don't trust Brown as much as Bradshaw in pass pro, it's probably because he's missed some assignments in practice, and they don't fully trust him...yet. Two SB wins and we still don't trust that the coaching staff knows what they're doing. What's it gonna take?

If Eli goes down, you can put Barry Sanders in his prime back there and we'd still be competing with the Jets for top pick in the draft. You'd be "robbing Peter to pay Paul" by having a marginal improvement in rushing at the potential expense of protecting our most important commodity.

That said, I'm thinking he'll get a fair amount of carries tomorrow against CLE where pass rush isn't as big an issue, and ideally, we'll have a lead and not in shotgun all game.
    I don't think you can compare Michael Turner to Ahmad Bradshaw.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...michael-turner

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...ahmad-bradshaw

For one thing, Turner uses his blockers. For another thing, the stats say it's not a comparison.....

Michael Turner had 1,300 yards in 2011.....that's about twice what Bradshaw had.

Over the last 4 seasons, Turners has gone over 1000 yards 3 times. .....averaging 1300+ yards per season.
    Over the last 4 seasons, Bradshaw has gone over 1000 yards 1 time..... averageing 750+ yards per season.

Michael Turner is averaging 4.7 yards per carry this season.....his yards/carry is better this season than last. Bradshaw is following a subpar 2011 with a worse 2012. Right now, Bradshaw is averaging 3.7 yards per carry....1 yard less than Turner per attempt.

In fact, Bradshaws yards/carry has dropped every season since his rookie year. Some of that is understandable....he went from a change of pace back to a featured back (which was a mistake, IMHO). But a big part of that is Bradhshaw has been grinding down with wear and tear.

The sooner they cut his workload, the better.

Banned
    also we have 2 Browns......both impact players......the other one will be out there

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    LOL .........that was hillarious

I see Bradshaw coming out when his foot falls off........literally you would have to see a foot in a shoe sitting on the field before Brown plays any significant minutes again

I don't understand the bromance that Killdrive has for Bradshaw.......maybe he sees Andre Brown, and gets Brandon Jacob flashback.

But I'm convinced that Bradshaw would start even if he needed a Rascal to get out of the tunnel.

Banned
    Bradshaw plays his heart out.......I cannot fault his effort
    I can fault his running technique, and unfortuantley Wilson makes the exact same mistakes Bradshaw does
    Brown has patience and vision

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    unless bradhsaw breaks his neck, Brown will not see more than 6 or 7 carries. Ask Tom why, maybe he will give you a logical answer...but likely he wont.
    Gilbride answered your question in a recent interview that was posted here earlier today..
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-06-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Michael Turner is averaging 4.7 yards per carry this season.....his yards/carry is better this season than last. B
    Turner's stats are inflated by the CAR game--just like Brown's. Turner has 154 yards on 42 carries (3.66 YPC) if you remove his game against Carolina. And that's my whole point. Carolina makes every RB look better than usual, as they did for Brown.

I mean, how do we know that Bradshaw wouldn't have had a monster game and looked great against Carolina?

I have nothing against Andre. I just don't agree with all the love floating around and don't feel he's this slam dunk talent that would magically improve our rushing game to the point where Ahmad's superior ability as a pass protector can be so easily dismissed.

I trust what the coaches think they do/don't have in him. If there's anybody that would give this running game a shot in the arm it's Wilson. But sadly, they trust him even less than Brown.

It's a long season, though and I'm sure we both just want what's best for the team. We'll see what happens...

All-Pro
    What would a 2 time Super Bowl winning coaching staff know anyway? Apparently Brown is the next coming of Barry Sanders. Pass protection for a pass heavy offense is over rated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What would a 2 time Super Bowl winning coaching staff know anyway? Apparently Brown is the next coming of Barry Sanders. Pass protection for a pass heavy offense is over rated anyway.
    And all this time I was thinking......
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread