+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I am glad that they are going to give him an opportunity. Bradshaw had the same issue along with fumbling issues when he first got his opportunity.

Banned
    i'll always go with the balanced attack
    you can win by the pass but few to none become champs that way

brown gives us the best balance

All-Pro
    Bradshaw has always done better when he has another back in there to take some of the carries, and Brown has earned the opportunity to get more. I just hope the situation allows them to give him more playing time to give us a true head to head comparison of what he can do compared to what Bradshaw can do against the same defense.

All I have to say is "would all of your Andre Brown fan like some magic beans?" I have some for sale good value. I thought David Wilson was RJ3. Real Jesus 3 with the way you guys were talking him up after his pre-season carries. There must have been 40 threads about how Wilson is going to take bradshaws job because of a handfull of nice runs. Now we have moved onto RJ4 aka Andrea brown. After a come from behind win against a team the readskins flat out dominated, and a game against the Panthers who are generally a bad team you guys all switched religions. You have left the first church of Wilson to join the Browntology.

News flash! You can not run behind a bad o-line. Example Chris Johnson. No injuries, no way he "lost a step". His line just does not get it done and he has bad games. Suddenly they get their blocking right and he rushes for 150.

Also the reason Brown did not get many carries in philly is he game out limping, so don't try to go point out he is more bigger and durable.

LOL can't block. He had one back block that I remember. Bradshaw has been sucking lately as a RB. But hey! He can block so let's play him more.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    LOL can't block. He had one back block that I remember. Bradshaw has been sucking lately as a RB. But hey! He can block so let's play him more.
    The giants only need a running back to do two things, block and hang onto the ball. This is why they did not not keep Jacobs and why they did not go after anyone else, they wanted people as cheap as possible. We signed a guy who was cut 7 times! including by us. That should demonstrate to you what the giants are looking for!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I rewatched the Eagle game this morning fing pissed off. They had that game won and everything broke down in the last few minutes. I dont understand why everything goes wrong against that team late in games
    I understand the frustration but they haven't been able to run on the Eagles for some time now. That and the fact they where pawing the ball a lot means Bradshaw plays more.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Example Chris Johnson. No injuries, no way he "lost a step". His line just does not get it done and he has bad games. Suddenly they get their blocking right and he rushes for 150.
    That's actually not a bad comparison.

TENN's O-Line is much better at pass blocking than run blocking...just like ours.

And CJ picked up some bad habits dancing around and trying to create stuff that's not there -- just like Ahmad -- and for the same reasons, too.

Since we're bad at run blocking, Andre's North/South run style would no doubt work better. But if he can't block as well as Bradshaw, you're pretty much telegraphing that it's a run when he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I rewatched the Eagle game this morning fing pissed off. They had that game won and everything broke down in the last few minutes. I dont understand why everything goes wrong against that team late in games
    It's really an amazing phenom
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's really an amazing phenom
    Unfortunately against the Eagles it's not.

+ Reply to Thread