+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SackingMyths View Post
    Turner's stats are inflated by the CAR game--just like Brown's. Turner has 154 yards on 42 carries (3.66 YPC) if you remove his game against Carolina. And that's my whole point. Carolina makes every RB look better than usual, as they did for Brown.

I mean, how do we know that Bradshaw wouldn't have had a monster game and looked great against Carolina?

I have nothing against Andre. I just don't agree with all the love floating around and don't feel he's this slam dunk talent that would magically improve our rushing game to the point where Ahmad's superior ability as a pass protector can be so easily dismissed.

I trust what the coaches think they do/don't have in him. If there's anybody that would give this running game a shot in the arm it's Wilson. But sadly, they trust him even less than Brown.

It's a long season, though and I'm sure we both just want what's best for the team. We'll see what happens...
    what do u attribute his success vs tb to then? theyre 3rd in run d

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    what do u attribute his success vs tb to then? theyre 3rd in run d
    71 yards on the ground from Brown vs 510 in the air, I wouldn't call Andre Brown's game against Tampa a success.

All-Pro
    They where also trailing Tampa for a good portion of that game. Tampa wasn't worried about the run at that point. The Panthers are bad team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Gilbride answered your question in a recent interview that was posted here earlier today..
    Did you read it? Gilbride actualy said "Bradshaw did not want to come out because of the situation" who died and appointed Ahmad the HC or OC?
    Of course, "he" didnt want to come out.......I could not believe my eyes whe I read that. He does not have the stats to be making such pronouncements.

Can you imagine if Joe McCarthy listened to Wally Pip when he returned.........Lou Gehrig might have spent half his career on the bench.

Its been a long long time since Ahmad had a 100 yd game........2 seasons I believe. He is a good 3rd down back, or 4th Qtr replacement.....Brown is a horse.

"Most impressive with Brown was how he ran through contact and dragged would-be
    tacklers with him for additional yards."

Something Bradshaw can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'd love to see it next week, but fat chance..... apparently Bradshaw is the second coming of Anthony Munoz....so they'll stick with the magic that has given us an 0-2 NFC East record.
    Numbers don't lie..... 2-0 with brown in there and 0-2 with bradshaw
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Let's see, Brown was in for ten plays, half of which were running plays, so somewhere along the line Gibride decides that Brown can't pass block even though he did a good job pass blocking in both the Tampa game and the Carolina game. For the record, Eli was not sacked at all in the Tampa game, even though we were playing from behind and Tampa could rush every play. He was sacked only once during the Carolina game, and I don't know who was responsile for that sack. When Bradshaw was assigned with protecting him in Philadelphia he didn't get sacked either. So we have one sack in three games, two of which Brown played a featured role in, and, out of the blue, pass protection is the key, deciding issue in who our running back should be? I think Gilbride is full of crap on this one, period. This is the same old resistance to change that we've seen from Gilbride and Coughlin forever. They had some momentum in the running game and threw it out the window for bull crap reasons. The best thing we coud have done at the Eagles was to run right over them, between the tackles. Their line is small, and they are very succeptible to that approach. Instead we go with Ahmad Cutbackshaw, and the running game never got going. Even Collinsworth pointed out the Cutbackshaw seldom follows his blockers and hits the hole, he's ALWAYS looking to take the play outside.

I bet dollars to donuts that Deihl steps right back in when he comes back too. Even though it looks pretty evident that there are better lineman playing right now.

I think the coaching staff out thought themselves Sunday night, and they lost the game, not the team. Eli's interception in the endzone didn't help; but, the coaching staff was doing some weird stuff in the Eagles game. But now, Gilbride has justified why he's going to go with Bradshaw, and sit Brown on the bench. I hope he'll remember we're 2-0 with Brown, and 0-2 with Cutbackshaw.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    im getting fed up with gilbride and coughlin carping about how every back except bradshaw cant block. its ridiculous
    Unfortunately I think we're stuck with these two for a while.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    71 yards on the ground from Brown vs 510 in the air, I wouldn't call Andre Brown's game against Tampa a success.
    Vinny Lombardi said if you cannot run you cannot win a title........with rare exceptions that holds true today

You live by the pass you die by the pass.........ask Bill Bellicheck our little slave

All-Pro
    Clueless 2 time Super Bowl winning coaches. Protecting your franchise QB is so over rated. Put in Brown and the rookie.