+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Looks like Brown should have more opportunities tomorrow.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reported that Andre Brown will play against Cleveland and coach Tom Coughlin will ride the hot hand. That falls in line with what Coughlin planned before last week's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, but Brown saw only nine snaps in that game.

The team has been concerned about Brown's pass protection, but coaches love his burst and were encouraged by his 113-yard outing against the Carolina Panthers in Week 3. Coughlin has always enjoyed hitting defenses with a variety of backs, and Brown has come out of nowhere to emerge as Bradshaw's able helper......

Brown limped off with about 6 minutes to play in the third quarter. That could have been the reason he didn't get more carries.

NFL.com: Andre Brown to see more carries v. Cleveland

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

.....NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reported that Andre Brown will play against Cleveland and coach Tom Coughlin will ride the hot hand. That falls in line with what Coughlin planned before last week's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, but Brown saw only nine snaps in that game.

The team has been concerned about Brown's pass protection, but coaches love his burst and were encouraged by his 113-yard outing against the Carolina Panthers in Week 3. Coughlin has always enjoyed hitting defenses with a variety of backs, and Brown has come out of nowhere to emerge as Bradshaw's able helper....

Nice!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I'm glad. I'd still like to see if Bradshaw can still do it.... We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I'm glad. I'd still like to see if Bradshaw can still do it.... We'll see.
    What are your impressions on Andre Brown so far?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I've been an Andre Brown supporter for awhile now. When we had DJ Ware picked over him, I was still an Andre fan.

I think he's done a heck of a job and he's got the potential to be a very nice integrated part of the giants offense this year.

TC said the same thing before the philly game iirc...

In a game where we can dictate the flow of the game, I'd prefer to see Andre get equal carries -- if not the majority.

But against a fierce pass rush like Philly, I had no problem with Ahmad playing more. So many people are making that out to be the sole reason why we lost...as if the gap in talent is so wide that Andre would've gashed Philly. I, for one, didn't see a ton of running room for anybody.

Reality: The eagles are actually a good team (vomit) and when you're missing your difference-making, star WR in a division game on the road, that can be the difference between two otherwise very evenly matched teams. If Nicks is back for the rematch we should give them the kind of beatdown we've owed them for years.

The coaches aren't dumb, though. They did what they felt was necessary and best for the team.

What if Brown had played more but then Eli got smacked around all night and ended up hurt? Is THAT worth the potential increase in rushing success? The coaches sure didn't think so and frankly, they've earned MY trust at this point (How many rings will it take before they earn yours?)

If the best pure runner played regardless of what else they bring to the table then neither AB would get the lion's share of carries...Wilson would.

But until Brown and Wilson earn the coaches' full trust, might as well get used to seeing Ahmad.

There is just no question that AB is the best back atm, if you are missing blocking assignments in PRACTICE then you do not deserve to be on the field, period. When Wilson wins out the position we'll all be happy, Brown is not the answer lol. I like the kid but cmon, lets count the teams that bounced him. Patience is a ****ing virtue, learn it.