+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Ive explained multiple times.

I just dont like the resistance to change. Running game needs a spark.

Bshaw doesnt need to be in for 80%+ of snaps in order for Eli to be adequately protected. TE's. Two-back shotgun sets. Quick passes. Most importantly, just flat out running plays with Brown and Wilson in the game. One can think of many ways to get this done without just sitting back every pass play with bradshaw next to Eli for blocking. Need I go into greater detail?

All-Pro
    I remember posting in the game thread about the blocking of Bradshaw. I can't pin point just one, but I remember posting about how good he was at picking up pass rushers. If he's not back there Eli gets sacked multiple times that night. You don't try something different against that team.

Although I am decently versed in rocket science, this is far from it.

All-Pro
    They passed more tha the threw so yes he did need to be in there more.

Bradshaw is a good blocker. But remember, when Eli points out the Mike LB its for the Oline and Bradshaw to set/alter their blocking schemes. Sometimes the line will purposely let someone through on one of the edges if Bradshaw is designed to be there.

and does anyone remember, vs NO i think a few yrs ago, Bradshaw missed a block and eli got hit, afterwards eli was the most visually angry i've seen and he grabbed bradshaw and gestured what he was supposed to do...

my point is even bradshaw wasnt great right away, he had to go thru a learning process. if ur not 100% confident in brown, start designing more plays that place less emphasis on the back picking up a jailbreaking blitz. theres ways u can work with the protection, i dont really buy the whole "he cant pass protect" excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Ive explained multiple times.

I just dont like the resistance to change. Running game needs a spark.

Bshaw doesnt need to be in for 80%+ of snaps in order for Eli to be adequately protected. TE's. Two-back shotgun sets. Quick passes. Most importantly, just flat out running plays with Brown and Wilson in the game. One can think of many ways to get this done without just sitting back every pass play with bradshaw next to Eli for blocking. Need I go into greater detail?
    I would also like to see both guys get more PT...but I trust the coaching staff....

2 things bug the F out of Coughlin. Guys who fumble, and guys who cant block. If you can't be trusted in the backfield, then you're not gonna see significant playing time. Wilson was set to be the 50/50 guy until he fumbed wk 1. Both guys will see an increased role as time goes on, its just not gonna happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I remember posting in the game thread about the blocking of Bradshaw. I can't pin point just one, but I remember posting about how good he was at picking up pass rushers. If he's not back there Eli gets sacked multiple times that night. You don't try something different against that team.
    hes one of the best RB blockers in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    There were a couple of scary whiffs. Dont remember which game they were in. I even feel like I remember one for a sack. All in all e didnt do terrible in protection while Bradshaw was out. It only takes one good whiff though.
    vs carolina brown had a pretty lousy blitz pickup and the guy got a sack, brown cut him off so it wasnt like a free blindside shot, but the play was negative.

if we arent playing a rb bc we're afraid he'll get eli killed, than thats an issue of the rb not knowing the terminology and checks, bc even if a rb isnt that great at blockiing but he understands the scheme and terms and checks, he can at least get in the way somewhat. if a guy doesnt know that stuff, he just goes out on a pass route when he's supposed to pick up some one, and the blitzer comes free at eli...

i say this bc i saw wilson pass protect in college and he wasnt bad...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    hes one of the best RB blockers in the NFL.
    Exactly. They threw the ball a lot more than they ran the ball. That's why he was playing more. They also haven't run the ball well against the Eagles since the 1st game in 2008. The Eagles love to get after the QB. You don't leave Eli back there to get hit against the Eagles.

+ Reply to Thread