+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I meant gamble as in the running game. I'm saying we dont have to gamble in the pasing game if we employ other techniques which i have already described a few times.

But lets use your gamble as a pretense to another argument. In fact, yes I would like them to gamble. Taking chances and being vulnerable are paramount to unexpected success. EA gambled on Eli. Shoot, I gambled today betting on horses. Taking chances is a part of life and I think the payoff in this case is worth the *possibility* of Eli being pressured 1 or 2 more times a game.
    So you signal the defense when Brown is in because they know it's not a pass play?

And your willingness to expose Eli, the franchise, to injury is mind boggling to me. He is already under pressure on most pass plays.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-05-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I can use the same argument. The Eagles get after the QB well...so any RB that isnt extremely well versed in pass blocking isnt going to perform amazing. Also, since we havent run the ball well vs the Eagles since 2008 (which leaves Brahsaw and Jacobs as the two main backs to run against them in these past 4 years) why not go with a fresh look? Maybe Brown or Wilson have a certain skill set that would go after the weaknesses of Eagles Defense?
    I'll just have to trust the 2 time Super Bowl winning coaching staff. I also don't think it's that hard o understand. Bad OL goes against great pass rushing DL and franchise QB is at risk. They also threw he ball a lot more because they are not the Giants of the past. They are a pass 1st team now. Using Bradshaw to ensure the safety of Eli was the right move. Further more, be careful what you wish for. I like Brown, but why is he all of a sudden the answer? Is it because he ran well on Tampa when the Giants where trailing? Or was it because he ran well against a bad Panthers team?

This is all moot.......Coughlin will run Bradshaw until his foot falls off

Why waste time discussing it?

All-Pro
    So you think TC doesn't want to win?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I'll just have to trust the 2 time Super Bowl winning coaching staff. I also don't think it's that hard o understand. Bad OL goes against great pass rushing DL and franchise QB is at risk. They also threw he ball a lot more because they are not the Giants of the past. They are a pass 1st team now. Using Bradshaw to ensure the safety of Eli was the right move. Further more, be careful what you wish for. I like Brown, but why is he all of a sudden the answer? Is it because he ran well on Tampa when the Giants where trailing? Or was it because he ran well against a bad Panthers team?
    We are lucky that somehow Eli did not get sacked last game IIRC. We should look into getting him that Kevlar padding Vick has if our o-line keeps playing like garbage, Eli is bound to get roughed up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    So you think TC doesn't want to win?
    he wants to win within his boundries

he will not violate his pecking order in order to win..........the only way to infuse new talent is injuries, unsigned free agents, and retirements

All-Pro
    He has won 2 of the last 5 Super Bowls. I think he knows what he is doing.

well he wont win this one if he stubbornly refuses to replace mr 37 yds rushing per game...........Elis good.....hes not that good
    and the lack of a rushing game means too much time on the field for our defense

All-Pro
    Didn't they win last year with a horrible running game?

There is a reason Vince Lombardi called his book "Run to daylight"...........not "Pass to Daylight"

+ Reply to Thread