+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    I would also like to see both guys get more PT...but I trust the coaching staff....

2 things bug the F out of Coughlin. Guys who fumble, and guys who cant block. If you can't be trusted in the backfield, then you're not gonna see significant playing time. Wilson was set to be the 50/50 guy until he fumbed wk 1. Both guys will see an increased role as time goes on, its just not gonna happen overnight.
    Cool. Then don't expect to see us establish a running game overnight.

Good article in Pro Football Weekly on getting Brown more work...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...rits-more-work

Should the Giants give more carries to Andre Brown and fewer to Ahmad Bradshaw? With Bradshaw back in the lineup in Week Four against the Eagles following the neck injury he suffered against the Buccaneers in Week Two, he was held to 39 yards on 13 carries. Bradshaw’s long run of the game was nine yards, and he had six rushes of two yards or fewer. It’s a small sample size — one week back from a scary injury — but the feeling around the Giants after their loss to the Eagles is that Brown, the catalyst in Weeks Two and Three, could get more opportunities......

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Good article in Pro Football Weekly on getting Brown more work...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...rits-more-work
    I'm with them in theory, but still defer to the coaching staff.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I am very late to this thread but this one is easily solved. Brown needs to block better. He is plenty physical. He just needs to sharpen his technique a little and his recognition alot. Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by SackingMyths View Post
    I still can't believe how much overreacting there is to Andre's game against Carolina. He had a huge game, but it was against a team with a bottom-5 Run defense and pass rush. (Why doesn't that get taken into account?) And you know he had some extra juice playing in front of his hometown and family on a national stage. The coaches didn't overreact to it -- maybe we shouldn't either.

This over-inflated impressiveness of his performance -- as if he manhandled the Steel Curtain -- is just out of control. Carolina just let the extremely slow-footed (and that's generous) Michael Turner do this to them last week:

Rush: 13-103-7.9 YPC
    AND
    Receiving: 3-68-1TD (with a career best 60-yard catch and run...pathetic)

Carolina's D is bad. REALLY BAD. They've been making every running back look like a HOFer for the past 3 years.

I'm sure if the coaches don't trust Brown as much as Bradshaw in pass pro, it's probably because he's missed some assignments in practice, and they don't fully trust him...yet. Two SB wins and we still don't trust that the coaching staff knows what they're doing. What's it gonna take?

If Eli goes down, you can put Barry Sanders in his prime back there and we'd still be competing with the Jets for top pick in the draft. You'd be "robbing Peter to pay Paul" by having a marginal improvement in rushing at the potential expense of protecting our most important commodity.

That said, I'm thinking he'll get a fair amount of carries tomorrow against CLE where pass rush isn't as big an issue, and ideally, we'll have a lead and not in shotgun all game.
    I brought up Turner and Carolina's 134 rush yds allowed per game to all the "anti-brads" and failed to get a response. Turner is a decent back who put up career numbers on CAR.

The same folks who knock Bradshaws TB performance before he had to leave the game (AFTER 5 CARRIES) give Brown a pass in in the Eagles game because he didn't get to touch the ball as much.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I am very late to this thread but this one is easily solved. Brown needs to block better. He is plenty physical. He just needs to sharpen his technique a little and his recognition alot. Go Blue!!
    So wise for such a young man
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I dont remember Eli being under seige the 6 straight Qtrs that Brown played.........I must be losing my marbles

2 of those were against TB who has a pretty decent D

Ok Ok I get it.....Brown can't block.....or Brown has bad blocking technique.....Guess what? Bradshaw has very bad running technique, he is emulating the great departed and ever in the tub- Brandon Jacobs.....no patience, no vision, runing right into his own blockers

What Can Brown Do For You ?

a 100 + yards would do the trick.

I'd love to see it next week, but fat chance..... apparently Bradshaw is the second coming of Anthony Munoz....so they'll stick with the magic that has given us an 0-2 NFC East record.

he will play. If for any reason we fall behind and rely on Eli to throw the ball, AB #1 will be in the backfield. he needs to earn the trust of coaches.

+ Reply to Thread