+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Austin and Kuhn ready?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    very true
    I think Kuhn will play very well.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I think Kuhn will play very well.
    When they drafter Austin ..I was very high on the pick....he looked like he got pushed around last week..I hope it's just some rust.....i hope he improves as he gets more accustom to playing time
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Kuhn has played reasonably well, and has got significantly more playing time than Austin has.

Austin I cant really fault, considering he hasent played in two years and this is really his first NFL game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    When they drafter Austin ..I was very high on the pick....he looked like he got pushed around last week..I hope it's just some rust.....i hope he improves as he gets more accustom to playing time
    He's been out of football for two years, I think they will give him this season to get into top form. In the meantime he develops alongside Bernard, Joseph, and hopefully Canty is they take him off PUP in two weeks.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

i agree with the consensus on Austin; that he needs time/reps to get back into old form. he not only has to make up for the 2 yrs he's missed, but also the difference in talent from college ball to the pros.... def uphill, but I believe he can get there.
    Getting Canty back will be huge, and the reps Austin gets now (Kuhn too) will be invaluable to their progression as players. we just got to get thru the early, rough patches bc as a poster mentioned, Austin was getting pushed around. He showed some things to be real excited for but if we can get thru these next few weeks til canty gets back, we'll have much better DT depth

I think that they are both capable players. The question I have is whether they will deliver consistency and stick to their assignments. Fatigue drives athletes to return to their instincts which often moves away from a disciplined approach. I expect mostly good plays and some errors but the two of them will be fine in the end. They certainly don't scare me like Petrus does.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread