+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philly Loss in Perspective

Banned

Philly Loss in Perspective

I am upset with the close loss against Philly last week and I too am upset about the overall play of our defensive line so far this season but lets put the loss in perspective. It is Mike Vick and he makes a lot of defensive lines look stupid. All it takes is to come out if containment and the guy is gone, he is that quick. Folks tend to forget that the best success against is when quick DBs are used on containment and blitz packages. Shady McCoy ran all over us but that happens too.

The positive from that game is that our defense made some big stops against Philadelphia Eagles in red zone and I think that will carry over for us next time we play them.It was a hard fought and we made some mistakes but what we got from the game is that we can beat them.

I have been highly critical of our defense and perhaps more so than I should be this season. I am confident that Justin Tuck gets it together like he did toward the end of the regular season last year and performs like the defensive captain that we need him to be if we are to be successful. I am a little worried about Osi Umenyoras attitude and how iy effects the other players. I am just going to think positive and hope he turns it around soon too.

I bELIeve.

All-Pro
    its a div loss they could have won with better game management. But its how you rebound that says more then how you fell.
    If they dont come and win a good solid game vs the browns then I will question their attitude.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

We should have kicked the winning FG when we had the chance END OF STORY!
    Tom (play the percentages) Coughlin picked a hell of a time to NOT play it safe for the first time in his life!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 10-06-2012 at 11:16 AM.

i took from that game that we should have won and we were w/o nicks, threw a redzone int, injuries everywhere on D, and Philly played their best football...we should have won philly has some sort of hex or something bc like the last 5x they've won its been oober close...coming away from that game, and even tho we lost, im 100% confident we have the better team. oh and their pass defense still cant stop eli...

With 6 days gone now I will say this about the game.

- Fatigue. In the 4th quarter McCoy got some big runs while he was bottled up early in the game.

- Osi getting greedy -- several times Osi rushes in and Vick sidesteps him for a big gain. Osi didn't maintain gap control.

- Take points when you can get them -- in their last possession the Giants had the ball within field goal range for somewhere around 5 plays. Instead of killing clock and taking points to win the game, they got greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    its a div loss they could have won with better game management. But its how you rebound that says more then how you fell.
    If they dont come and win a good solid game vs the browns then I will question their attitude.
    Have to agree....I think they will come out angry and really try to make a statement!

Banned
    I agree that it was bad game management but that seems to be problem with us against Philly. I have a good feeling and think we turn it around in the second game thia year.We need to bounce back hard and beat Cleveland and then against San Francisco.I bELIeve.

Banned
    no one has brought this up but Eli should have thrown that ball away when he saw the guy was covered.......he lost track of the situation

I did not notice if he had any options on a short out route but I've been so excited the last two years to see Eli throwing the ball away rather than trying to thread a needle needlessly......for the most part he has, not that one though

The good news is that the Giants have the players needed to win another championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    no one has brought this up but Eli should have thrown that ball away when he saw the guy was covered.......he lost track of the situation

I did not notice if he had any options on a short out route but I've been so excited the last two years to see Eli throwing the ball away rather than trying to thread a needle needlessly......for the most part he has, not that one though

Eli is much better when there's some balance to the offense. Gilbride pretty much chucked that out the window, so when you are pass,pass,pass, eventually, any QB is going to get burned.

No reason to throw that ball in that situation, period.

+ Reply to Thread