+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I've figured out the problem with the offensive line

For most of the season, the Giants offensive line has attempted to set up their blocks according to how Gilbride has been drawing up the plays.

Now, this approach might be all well and good for a running back that is going to stay with the play (please refer to Andre Brown v. Bucs and Carolina).

However, what the offensive line really needs to do is set up their blocks according to where they think Ahmad Bradshaw is going to be running.

For example, had they done that at the end of the game v. Philly, there's a good chance Bradshaw would have busted off 5 or 6 yards. Who knows?

Anyway, I think we should be set up for Cleveland's defense if they can work this into the gameplan.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-05-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    For most of the season, the Giants offensive line has attempted to set up their blocks according to how Gilbride has been drawing up the plays.

Now, this approach might be all well and good for a running back that is going to stay with the play (please refer to Andre Brown v. Bucs and Carolina).

However, what the offensive line really needs to do is set up their blocks according to where they think Ahmad Bradshaw is going to be running.

For example, had they done that at the end of the game v. Philly, there's a good chance Bradshaw would have busted off 5 or 6 yards. Who knows?

Anyway, I think we should be set up for Cleveland's defense if they can work this into the gameplan.
    I know what you're trying to say, but this makes absolutely no sense

The offensive line has been fine since the second half of the TB game. We're getting such an improvement from our Ts not only in pass protection but Beatty has been instrument in making blocks on the edge for Brown to get his TDs. Snee looks like he is playing better this year with Locklear next to him instead of McKenzie. The only problem I have is that Boothe and Baas could afford to pick up there game a little more. Boothe was just downright atrocious against the Eagles and didn't exactly help us get the running game going in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    The offensive line has been fine since the second half of the TB game. We're getting such an improvement from our Ts not only in pass protection but Beatty has been instrument in making blocks on the edge for Brown to get his TDs. Snee looks like he is playing better this year with Locklear next to him instead of McKenzie. The only problem I have is that Boothe and Baas could afford to pick up there game a little more. Boothe was just downright atrocious against the Eagles and didn't exactly help us get the running game going in the middle.

That's a fair point...I was expecting alot more from Boothe.

how about bradshaw runs where he is supposed to run? how is the oline supposed to know where bradshaw is going when he is behind them?

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    That's a fair point...I was expecting alot more from Boothe.
    I see what you're getting at though with a different blocking scheme but someone mentioned on here before that Bradshaw is like the David Carr of RBs now - he has become so accustomed to having little to work with in front of him that he now seems to dance to the edges instead of follow the assigned blocks. He can still bust out some nice 5-15 yard runs for us on occasion but the amount of 1-2 yard runs he has provided because of his David Carr syndrome hurts us. As of this moment, he should still be the #1 back because of his pass blocking but I do hope Coughlin plans on diving the workload more in favor of Brown and Wilson as the season goes on. Bradshaw would make a fantastic 3rd down back when it comes to be that time.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I see what you're getting at though with a different blocking scheme but someone mentioned on here before that Bradshaw is like the David Carr of RBs now - he has become so accustomed to having little to work with in front of him that he now seems to dance to the edges instead of follow the assigned blocks.
    This just doesn't fly. Bradshaw sits through game films every week. If he sees what we all see, he should have adjusted his running by now. Beside that, if you look at old game films you can see how many mistakes he has made over the years by not running the designed hole. For the most part we have and avg O-line. I sorry to say this guys, but Bradshaw is an avg RB. Not a knock, just a fact. He has HUGE heart, but his instincts are avg at best. Saddly I think he runs himself out of good gains more times than not.
    As for Carr. I think he has lost the fire. He is too happy to hold the clipboard, and he is not pushed from behind. I used to feel good about him as a back up, but now I am terrified if Eli ever went down for a game or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    how about bradshaw runs where he is supposed to run? how is the oline supposed to know where bradshaw is going when he is behind them?
    I was just kidding around.....your comments were really my point.

I see what you're getting at though with a different blocking scheme but someone mentioned on here before that Bradshaw is like the David Carr of RBs now - he has become so accustomed to having little to work with in front of him that he now seems to dance to the edges instead of follow the assigned blocks. He can still bust out some nice 5-15 yard runs for us on occasion but the amount of 1-2 yard runs he has provided because of his David Carr syndrome hurts us. As of this moment, he should still be the #1 back because of his pass blocking but I do hope Coughlin plans on diving the workload more in favor of Brown and Wilson as the season goes on. Bradshaw would make a fantastic 3rd down back when it comes to be that time.
    I didn't see that comment, but that's a really interesting point.

Another possibility is that he's so used to being able to use his burst and cutback ability to avoid disaster that he's pretty much settled into this habit, but his body is now slowing down with all the pounding he's taken.

kevin boothe tripping over himself 2x a game aint helping thats for sure...anyone else notice that he has 1 trip over himself play a game?