+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In my opinion this season will depend on Osi and Tuck.

In my opinion this season will depend on Osi and Tuck.

All we hear is how good are pass rush is, yet our defensive ends only have 3.5 of our 8 sacks. I Know osi has 2 sacks but he has been playing absolutely dreadful especially against the run and tuck looks like he doesn't even care from what i've seen, heck blackburn has more sacks tham tuck. These two need to show us that they are here to play, and there's not a better time than on sunday against Cleveland.
    P.S this is my opinion, i know that some people will disagree.
    ​​​

i think its a fair point. a big part of our success or failure will fall on how the DL plays. We became that dominant SB team when the run game and DL pulled their weight.
    if the run game and DL don't help out, we're a .500 team and thats solely bc of eli and the wr's(whats left of em anyways).

I know pierre-paul's not getting the sack numbers he had last year so far, but at least he's putting pressure on the quarterback.
    ​​​

Sorry, I don't see it that way. I think it may have more to do with our secondary. They have to take away the short stuff and give the D more time to get to the QB. Miscues on the line have got to be taken care of in the run game, they looked pathetic last week!

All-Pro
    JPP has been hustling, but I agree with this assessment. When you have a secondary that has had so many injuries other parts of the defense need to pick up the slack. Considering that the D-line is supposed to be the Giants strength, you would expect them to be the ones providing the spark. So far that has not been the case. We need Tuck to step it up and we need Osi to play more disciplined. This week is as good a time to start that as any!

Quote Originally Posted by thegiantsrule10 View Post
    I know pierre-paul's not getting the sack numbers he had last year so far, but at least he's putting pressure on the quarterback.
    offenses are doubling and chipping on JPP because they know they don't have to worry about any of our other DL getting near their QB..

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    While an improvement in the play of those to individuals would greatly help, we need more. The D-line over all has to step up as well. The O-line and DB's need to play better and more consistanly. Same for AB1. We are actually 1 bad offensive pass interferrance play away from being 3 & 1. If we make the 44 yd FG at the end of the last game instead of missing the 54 ydr, 75% of this doom and gloom doesnt get posted on this site. We have gotten used to Eli pulling our grapes out of the press too many times over the past couple seasons. We have played like absolute crap in 8 out of 16 quarters, and surprise surprise we are 2 and 2. Yes we have had a lot of injuries, but we also just havent played good ball. Instead of "next man up", its time to say to our regulars "STEP UP". The back-ups have stepped in and done what was asked. Its the starters who have crapped the bed. We have dug a huge whole for ourselves. I think TC can get us out, but he can't do it without football players. We just dont't seem to have many on the field anymore.

All-Pro
    They lost the 1st game and really had no chance. The secondary was brutal. The last game they lost they could have won. The Giants as a team did a number of things to lose that game. Take nothing away from the Eagles, they won. The Giants biggest mistake on defense was losing contain in the 2nd half. Just stupid mistakes but not really something they can't make better. As far as sack numbers, every team is preparing on how to not let the Giants sack the QB or hit him all game. The Eagles have the best pass rush in football and they didn't have one the other night because the Giants planned on how to beat the Eagles pass rush.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Sorry, I don't see it that way. I think it may have more to do with our secondary. They have to take away the short stuff and give the D more time to get to the QB. Miscues on the line have got to be taken care of in the run game, they looked pathetic last week!
    This makes sense to me. The opposing QB's aren't getting into much trouble against us because they are getting results with short quick passes and aren't (often enough) being forced to go through their progressions to allow just a little more time for the pass rush to cause some trouble.

offenses have things they can do to counter what defenses are doing but when they do that they open other areas for the defense to exploit and its up to the DC to find these weakened areas...right now we're not doing anything but staying with what isn't working.

+ Reply to Thread