+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Sash was "suffering" when he couldn't play

  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,289

    Sash was "suffering" when he couldn't play

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...e-couldnt-play

    Excerpt: "So what exactly was Tyler Sash doing on Sundays for the last month?

    "Suffering," said Sash, who had to miss the Giants' first four games due to a suspension for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy.

    "I'd try to be an encouragement to my teammates, sending them texts, and just trying to stay connected to my teammates and stuff like that, definitely the night before the game. But on Sundays I was sitting at home watching the game and it was tough. I can't just watch a game. I feel like if you're a player, you gotta make all the calls and see what you're doing and make all the adjustments and stuff like that." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #2
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,374
    I know that Coughlin likes the kid and I wish him well but I didn't see anything from him over the past 2 years that says he's anything more than a special teams player.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,289
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I know that Coughlin likes the kid and I wish him well but I didn't see anything from him over the past 2 years that says he's anything more than a special teams player.
    Let's hope he's a surprise in waiting
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Posts
    1,583
    I hate the fact we have to "Hope" so much. It shows how bad we have been doing. Not a lot of "tweek" this, and "fine tune" that. I am hoping Sash can help. Its not always talent that turns the trick. Fire and enthusiasm helps too. God knows we need a dose or 2. Come on kid. Prove me wrong. Be a difference maker.
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 10-06-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: typo

  5. #5
    He was a rookie last year, this is only his second year. He's still young. You know what Reese says, you have until your 4th year to prove your worth.

  6. #6
    Nice user name dude. Great minds think alike

  7. #7
    Tyler Sash must be added to the active roster by 4 pm on Saturday if he is going to play on Sunday against the Browns. And he must be added to the roster or released on Monday after serving his four game suspension. So the question is who is released to make room for Tyler Sash? I once thought Petrus but he will be a starter on Sunday against the Browns. I doubt we cut him now. So who gets the axe?? Justin Tryon???

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wgsgiants View Post
    Tyler Sash must be added to the active roster by 4 pm on Saturday if he is going to play on Sunday against the Browns. And he must be added to the roster or released on Monday after serving his four game suspension. So the question is who is released to make room for Tyler Sash? I once thought Petrus but he will be a starter on Sunday against the Browns. I doubt we cut him now. So who gets the axe?? Justin Tryon???
    When you put it like that, I almost think he gets waived. Who can they cut? I guess someone they hope will clear waivers and be ps eligible?

    Certainly not Tryon. We cant afford to trade a corner who has seen plenty of the field for a safety, even if said corner blows (his play has improved somewhat). If he is seeing the field as often as he is we need a man in that position.

    I cant figure out who Sash is worth risking in waivers. Ojomo wont clear, probably not Tracy eiher. Not sure if anyone else would even be PS eligible. Much of our depth is playing at least sometimes with all the injuries, not to mention that some of the guys we think of as depth are the core of our special teams units.

    Difficult dilemma.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I know that Coughlin likes the kid and I wish him well but I didn't see anything from him over the past 2 years that says he's anything more than a special teams player.
    He's only been with the team 1 year and he barely played any defensive snaps last year! If you were looking for something from him 2 years ago you probably didn't see anything because he was playing for Iowa!

  10. #10
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,374
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    He's only been with the team 1 year and he barely played any defensive snaps last year! If you were looking for something from him 2 years ago you probably didn't see anything because he was playing for Iowa!
    Yes I was referring to last year and pre-season this year (I'm pretty liberal in how I get to 2. He has backup player tools and he'll only stick around if he is a demon on ST.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts